Chocolate linked to stroke prevention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, what a fabulous idea Snip...did you just think of that one day or did someone tell you about it...that is fab!

Wow, what a fabulous idea Snip...did you just think of that one day or did someone tell you about it...that is fab!

No one told me about it but I'm sure it's been done before. I love mexican hot cocoa and this seemed like an easy way to make it without having a large glug of cocoa powder settled at the bottom of your mug :LOL:

I just take a few squares and whisk slowly into warm milk and we have instant hot chocolate :)
When I have guests I top the chocolate milk with whipped cream, add a cinnamon stick for flavour and dust with cocoa powder. Looks great and it makes you feel like you're in a coffee shop! A tot of brandy, whiskey, Kahlua, baileys etc ads a nice touch too!

I like the odd piece of dark chocolate but I wish the same could be said for liquorice.
I love liquorice but it's bad for your heart :( Bummer!
Anecdotally, liquorice is supposed to be a (herbal) remedy for Addison's Disease but be careful if you are being treated with conventional medicines. And if you are on the pill you should be careful as consumption of liquorice has been found to weaken its efficiency in some circumstances.

(I am not a doctor and only reporting what I have read so don't act solely on what I've written)

I do too, their chocolates melt in your mouth :yum: I don't like cheap chocolates, feels like you've eaten a bowl of cold lard!
I treat myself to good quality chocolate every few months. Lindt with sea salt is yummy too and the cherry one !
I had some Lindt chilli chocolate recently but found it a bit disappointing as I couldn't taste the chilli.

Hmm, chocolate AND red wine both good for you. I've been getting it right then;)

Again, they only studied men. Women's health needs are very different from men. I am sure there are some benefits for women, but what is the ratio of men to women. :angel:

Does anybody use chocolate in cooking. I have a few recipes, mostly Spanish, that use chocolate as an ingredient. Never tried it, but it does sound interesting.

If you have any recipes, I would appreciate them.
Chocolate is used in Mexican recipes - meat dishes (eg turkey) with "mole" sauce, for example. I've also got an Italian (I think) recipe for hare cooked in a sauce containing chocolate. Unfortunately the recipe is still in storage while the new house is sorted out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom