Chocolate linked to stroke prevention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm just going to take it as a sign from God that chocolate is really something to be consumed regularly for my health. HA! Besides, research on what is good for women seems to take longer either to do or to get published, not sure which it is.

Since I am not sure where it fits in, I have always said that chocolate should be its own food group. So eat hearty my friends. And pay tribute to Chief Montezuma. :wub: :angel:

Science is finally catching up with me. Steaks are no longer bad for you, wine is beneficial, coffee can have some benefits, and now chocolate is good for you.

These are all things I have known for years and followed to the letter.

Well I'm just going to take it as a sign from God that chocolate is really something to be consumed regularly for my health. HA! Besides, research on what is good for women seems to take longer either to do or to get published, not sure which it is.
The research is taking longer for women because the women just grab the chocolate and run! :D

It's true, I've signed up for all the trials and just cannot stick to their guidelines.

I think I just found the cure for my partial depression. A big hunk of dark chocolate. It would certainly make me a happy camper. I will be happy because I know I am making my heart happy. :wub::wub::angel:

I like the odd piece of dark chocolate but I wish the same could be said for liquorice.
I love liquorice but it's bad for your heart :( Bummer!

I love milk chocolate and dark chocolate, but we only have dark now as it is better for us :)

I love milk chocolate and dark chocolate, but we only have dark now as it is better for us :)

I've never really liked milk chocolate, not even as a child. The kids and I eat 70% + and hubby eats milk chocolate. My favourite is Lindt Intense Orange :yum:

Last edited:
Yes that is a nice one...I love the Lindt range too :yum:

We really love Nestle Club Dark Chocolate, that is what we have in all the time :)

Yes that is a nice one...I love the Lindt range too :yum:

We really love Nestle Club Dark Chocolate, that is what we have in all the time :)

I do too, their chocolates melt in your mouth :yum: I don't like cheap chocolates, feels like you've eaten a bowl of cold lard!
I treat myself to good quality chocolate every few months. Lindt with sea salt is yummy too and the cherry one !

Does anybody use chocolate in cooking. I have a few recipes, mostly Spanish, that use chocolate as an ingredient. Never tried it, but it does sound interesting.

If you have any recipes, I would appreciate them.

Does anybody use chocolate in cooking. I have a few recipes, mostly Spanish, that use chocolate as an ingredient. Never tried it, but it does sound interesting.

If you have any recipes, I would appreciate them.

Fillet medalions ( tenderloin ) with chocolate and port sauce.

Season steaks well on both sides with sea salt and crushed peppercorns. Sear on both sides until done to your liking. Set aside to rest.

For the sauce:

1/4 cup of port wine
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of beef stock
1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary
1 small shallot finely grated
1 ounch of bittersweet chocolate ( good quality ) grated
1 knob of butter.

Soften shallot in butter, add port and balsamic and reduce till syrupy. Add stock and rosemary and bring to a simmer. Slowly whisk in the chocolate and cook till slightly thickened.
Pour a bit over each steak and serve.

Back
Top Bottom