Chopped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
The first time I saw this program i was curious..The show started and after the first baskets were open,i could not believe my eyes..Some of the ingredients were wild. I watched again same thing, the third time it began to dawn on me the reason for the choice of foods in those baskets..It tests the chef's skills, dared them to step up.Some did wonderful things, others made mud pies, all in all it got me rooting for several of them to put it to the judges.
Judges can be quite opinionated delivering nasty thoughts about the completed dish, while others give a softer, not so cutting opinion.
kadesma

I saw it for the first time last weekend and am fascinated by it. Enough so that I'll watch more episodes. Amazing what can be done with an unusual combination of ingredients. In some cases I wish I had taste-o-vision.

I think it's ok. I havent found many of the chefs to be that talented or inspired. I'll watch it if nothing else good is on.

I like Alex Guarnaschelli. I think Ted's a bit of a bore.

i watch the network a lot and sometimes in passing i see this show. would not seek it out. the black and grey of the set is depressing . sometimes it is interesting and sometimes not. the judges are just calling it in. would not think this is a big hit for people.

I like the show; although it seems almost scripted at times, I still wait expectantly for the surprises in the baskets.

I enjoyed it much more than "Chopping Block" which is on NBC. I thought the two would be similar but Chopped is so much better. I will definitely be watching it again.

I enjoy the show since this is the way I cook. Open the cabinets, dig in, take out whatever is there and create something. I rarely will plan a meal before I start to prepare it and that is what they do on the show.

"mystery basket" is a regular chef test at many culinary schools and is a real feature of the certified master chef exam (10 days of testing). So these guys and gals should not be complaining but cooking. I think it is interesting. Will it stay so for a few seasons? ????

Back
Top Bottom