Christopher Kimball's new gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get Cooks Illustrated and used to enjoy the recipes immensely along with the Why's and Wherefore's. But over the last 2 years I started to hate how they put down the old time recipes (someone else mentioned this too) and how they had found a shorter, better way, etc. and it will be fluffier and not dried out or... well mine were always fluffy and never dried out so I have no idea what the h... they were talking about.

I don't know the reason for Christopher leaving, but I do believe he knew how to cook, even if he didn't he was the brains behind a very successful venue. I rather imagine that perhaps others started getting in control and he didn't like the turn they were taking... as I don't!

All the emails for new books - that are all repeats - now the ads for their cooking goods - read the most expensive!!! triple price that you find elsewhere.

I did enjoy his editorials - he was good at what he did. I don't happen to get the channels that carry the shows. I also have to make up my mind about the magazine. Was thinking to cancel last year and now that he is not at the helm and everything is so much more commercialized.... hmmmm

Yes, it will. Bridget and Julia will co-host it. At first I had read that Jack Bishop was the new host. Wha....? He's a bit too much like a cardboard cutout to me. Just my opinion. ;)
WHAT? Women hosting a show. Don't these people know their place? In the kitchen. :LOL: Who'd have thought.

I think that would be great.

bliss, it's a cooking show. The way I see it, we're still being kept in the kitchen.

Oh-Kay, before any of you think I'm channeling a persecuted, stereotypical female, it was a joke. ;) Laugh!

And I think it's great, too. I love both of those ladies. They're what made Kimball...tolerable.

Last edited:
bliss, it's a cooking show. The way I see it, we're still being kept in the kitchen.

Oh-Kay, before any of you think I'm channeling a persecuted, stereotypical female, it was a joke. ;) Laugh!

And I think it's great, too. I love both of those ladies. They're what made Kimball...tolerable.

I didn't mind Kimball, anyone with enough humility willing to dress up in costumes of vegetables, well, that is entertaining enough for me. Anyone that acts in a dorky, doofusy way, well, that's funny. Can he cook? I don't know.
Take note: if you show up at my house in a vegetable costume, I'll probably let you in and let you stay for dinner.

I didn't mind Kimball, anyone with enough humility willing to dress up in costumes of vegetables, well, that is entertaining enough for me. Anyone that acts in a dorky, doofusy way, well, that's funny. Can he cook? I don't know.
Take note: if you show up at my house in a vegetable costume, I'll probably let you in and let you stay for dinner.

Chris did attend a culinary school and graduate. So yes, he can cook. But he decided a long time ago to let others shine. If you have a Cook's Illustrated handy, take a look at the very first page and you will see how very educated and competent the staff is. And it I all Chris's doing. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom