Down Home with the Neelys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the Neely's when they were guests on Paula Deans show and the show of her sons. Once they got their own show, the sexual stuff started. It's way too much for me. Gina Neely is trying to be Paula. And, their recipes are not that great. Paula and her husband do a bit of playful thing on her show but not like this. If anyone remembers Paula's nighttime show? It was nothing but sexual stuff, with the audience involved. Big turn off. Thats why its gone now, I imagine. I like Paula but liked her befre she became so famous and put her hubbies face on jars of condiments.

no cleavage with my food, thanks. Giada was pretty bad about that. Since, being married, shes eased up on it.

no cleavage with my food, thanks. Giada was pretty bad about that. Since, being married, shes eased up on it.

Plus complaints from viewers, I bet. I stopped watching because of that. That and Panchetta in everything.

you are right! Panchetta is everywhere. I always wanted to see if she could cook for a crowd. (As opposed to a few close friends and family.)

Good one, Andy M. I can deal with it too- but... I guess I am a bit old-fashioned.

I agree, Giada does not dress in trashy clothing. But, I think it takes away from what she is doing. Like a distraction from the dish she is making. Maybe, a bit.

I agree, Giada does not dress in trashy clothing. But, I think it takes away from what she is doing. Like a distraction from the dish she is making. Maybe, a bit.

I have no trouble paying attention to her cooking. I have made a couple of her recipes that like a lot.

It has nothing to do with her appearance. However, if I hear panchetta or nutella and how the school used to call her mom because of the sandwiches with chocolate one more time!:wacko:

Craig

I like the Neelys. It just sounds like they're in my or my friends' kitchens. Some of us actually do have fun and joke in the kitchen, just like that. As far as cleavage goes ... if you got it, flaunt it. :LOL:

The good thing about TV is you get to choose what you watch. =) Food TV is more about entertaining than it is about food anyway. I mean sure, there is cooking. But none of them would be there if they didn't have a shtick that made them appeal to the masses. I get tons of ideas from watching them all. I think they've done a great job in getting everyone back into the kitchen and out of the permanent take- or dine-out mode. So more power to 'em.

I think those who used to watch Paula (religiously) continue to watch the Neelys. Paula has come down on the scale as her popularity grew. Sorry to say that. Her restaurant in Savannah is not worth the two hour wait. Did it once. I can make better food at home. And, its loud in there and I felt rushed to finish. (If you read her books, she is paronoid about people stealing from her.) That- turned me off with her.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
I can multi-task. I can deal with food and cleavage at the same time.
Hahahaha! :LOL:
Despite the sexual angle she uses to draw viewers, I'd rather watch Mario.

Back when we used to have cable, we could only stand watching the Neelys for a few minutes. To me the non-stop 8th-grade pumpkin talk builds until I'm waiting for cupid to fall onto the set in a pool of his own vomit.

Paula drives me crazy too. Not only do I wholly disagree with her person/decisions off the set, but I also can't watch anyone who makes baked beans that start with two tins of baked beans... :rolleyes:

And then of course we have this train wreck...

[youtube]GrQbWeNQpiA[/youtube]

The Neeleys make me glad I use close captioning. Not hard of hearing at all but it's a great way to "watch" a show without being irritated. I got used to using it when a houseguest was deaf and used it, liked it when I moved in and my first purchase was a pawn shop TV and expanded cable. All I had besides that I had a cheap folding chair. Talk about echoes! I started using the closed captioning because I couldn't understand a lot of the show without it, and found it good for watching something I like. The Neeleys DO have some good recipes, I just don't want to listen to the cupid talk. Too much banter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom