Entertaining food show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I caught a series of these episodes over the weekend and for a competition style cooking show, it was very interesting.
The contestants not only had to be creative, they had to show how their food would work at a fair or carnival, not only ingredients but pricing, also.
It was a nice deviation from BBQ Pitmasters, the judges weren't always berating the contestants, and worth tuning into if you aren't opposed to fried foods ;)
Deep Fried Masters : Destination America

We watched a bit of that late last night. Agreed that they seemed to treat the contestants with a bit more diginity than some of the other shows.

Some very interesting creations those people had there !!

I'll check it out. It would be refreshing to see something on Food Network or the Cooking Channel that was actually COOKING rather than made up TV. My mainstay is always Ina Garten, but I have been so disappointed in those two networks lately. I paid the extra to get these channels on my cable and now doubting myself.

The Destination America channel is pretty cool. They have a lot of entertaining shows. I like Buying Alaska, too. And of course the United States of Bacon :yum:

Our new fave is Cutthroat Kitchen, on FN. It's hilarious! Alton auctions off the ability to make competitors cook without utensils, take other's stuff, make tools out of foil, all sorts of mean and crazy stunts.

I enjoy Cutthroat Kitchen too. I rather like that the guest judge doesn't know what the challenges were...just judges on the final product.

Our new fave is Cutthroat Kitchen, on FN. It's hilarious! Alton auctions off the ability to make competitors cook without utensils, take other's stuff, make tools out of foil, all sorts of mean and crazy stunts.
I've been watching it and finally convinced DH it wasn't just some silly show. We love it! We've wanted to do a Chopped style evening with friends but somehow this seems like more fun :)

I enjoy Cutthroat Kitchen too. I rather like that the guest judge doesn't know what the challenges were...just judges on the final product.
I love the comments the judges make, knowing what the chefs have been through. You have to think they suspect something is amiss when they comment on seasoning that they couldn't use or consistency.

I've been watching it and finally convinced DH it wasn't just some silly show. We love it! We've wanted to do a Chopped style evening with friends but somehow this seems like more fun :)

I love the comments the judges make, knowing what the chefs have been through. You have to think they suspect something is amiss when they comment on seasoning that they couldn't use or consistency.

DH was actually the one who first became enamored with Cutthroat, now he even leaves his (fill in the blank) sports shows to watch it!

Am I the only one who has come to like "The Chew?" It was a hot mess at the start, but it's really settled into a fun 'gathering in someone's kitchen' type show. I hate the competitions, and the foodtertainment shows. I've learned a lot from Michael Symon, Carla Hall, and Mario Batali. And I always love Clinton.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom