Food from the TV show The Astronaut Wives' Club"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...that's odd Rick, I see it....

My mom used to make some of those dishes! :LOL: I DVR'ed Astronaut Wives, I'll have to go watch it now. lol

I'm not a subscriber either, I saw it. I still have the same deviled egg plate and a piece of blue patterned Corningware that I inherited.

I have that same cornflower casserole dish, and use it all the time! I've also got a set of my late mom's often used Pyrex nesting mixing bowls - those things must be 50 years old.

Hey, did you see the meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting? What's old has become "new and trendy" again. I've still got a deviled egg plate kicking around somewhere. Also, I actually still like the hot dogs wrapped in toast, except I add a slice of cheese and a smear of mustard on the bread, then brush the top and sides with butter before toasting. We don't have them often but every once in a while. First I ever heard of tomato Jello though.

I did see that! Funny, the kids today think they're so original ;) I like Lil' Smokies in crescent dough with mustard for dipping. And I have three deviled egg trays - two cut-glass and one ceramic made by my late aunt.

That's weird, like Rick, I can't see it either. hmmmmm.....

Anyway, it must have deviled egg plates....I used mine from my mother just yesterday when my sons were here. It's very pretty cut glass. Steve had never seen it and mentioned it would be great to serve oysters on the half shell too.

Another non subscriber who can see it. Is it maybe loading really slow for you guys who don't see it?

If I have ever seen a devilled egg plate, I didn't know what it was. I like the idea. I'll look for one at Value Village and similar.

Most, but not all, of those dishes made me go :shock:. :LOL:

It would have been nice if they had at least added the name of the dish! Some of those molded concoctions were difficult to tell what they were made from! I guess those olive green appliances were inspired by all the olive dishes being made!

It would have been nice if they had at least added the name of the dish! Some of those molded concoctions were difficult to tell what they were made from! I guess those olive green appliances were inspired by all the olive dishes being made!

Descriptions are to the right of the photos, above the ad for the magazine. Not very good placement, for sure.

Last edited:
I didn't see appliances. Are you talking about the actual TV show, which I have never seen?

"Avocado" was a very popular colour for appliances in that era. So was "coppertone".

taxy, you missed "Harvest Gold". Our next-door neighbor to our first house had that for the porcelain fixtures in their main bathroom. Still, it was better than their pink-white-and-black half-bath. :ermm:

I couldn't get the link to open either, but I did find a different article that showed pictures of a few of the dishes. Took me back to my childhood! Our daughter has my Mom's two deviled egg plates, and I remember Mom making that Crown Jewel Mold jell-o and whipped cream "cake" for my birthday a couple of times. Not because I requested it, but because it was evilly hot on a couple of them when I was a kid! Momma was NO dummy!

Back in the 60's we had a turquoise wall oven, cooktop, and range hood. The wall oven was similar to this one. It was all the rage back then. :LOL:

Attachments

• turquoise oven.jpg
    turquoise oven.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 278
taxy, you missed "Harvest Gold". Our next-door neighbor to our first house had that for the porcelain fixtures in their main bathroom. Still, it was better than their pink-white-and-black half-bath. :ermm:...
I thought "Harvest Gold" was slightly after the astronaut era. I was living in Denmark at the time of all the moon landings, so I might have missed the arrival of "Harvest Gold".

The astronaut era went into the '70s. My parents had a new home in the early '70s with Harvest Gold appliances and wallpaper with huge gold and orange flowers.

Back
Top Bottom