"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to danpeikes
I caught it and enjoyed it. You have to take it for what it was. It was a party to celebrate the 10th aniversiry. It was funny and provided some good backgroung on the show. Don't think Good Eats think Jay Leno. I got a chance to talk to AB about it on Thursday at his book signing in Chicago. Apparently it was very hard to do, and they had to do it twice in order to sell enough seats to pay for it and they still lost a boat load of money on it.

danpeikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpeikes View Post
I caught it and enjoyed it. You have to take it for what it was. It was a party to celebrate the 10th aniversiry. It was funny and provided some good backgroung on the show. Don't think Good Eats think Jay Leno. I got a chance to talk to AB about it on Thursday at his book signing in Chicago. Apparently it was very hard to do, and they had to do it twice in order to sell enough seats to pay for it and they still lost a boat load of money on it.

Watched it last night via the magic of Tivo. I enjoyed it for what it was. But then I'm a bit mental.

My kids laughed.

That house was HUGE! They did it twice!? To a packed house?!
Just to pay for it? IT didn't seem like it would be that much. The production value was about $76.50. ;-)

Ah well, it's still one of the best shows out there.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpeikes View Post
Don't think Good Eats think Jay Leno.
I dunno - at least Leno isn't scripted word for word. The anniversary show felt totally unnatural.

I hate bashing anything that AB is involved in, but this just didnt do it for me. But it was still a big moment, and they still deserve credit for 10 years of great tv.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #14
Master Chef

I don't know to me it seemed very much in line with his personality. If I were to script a show for him, that is exactly what I would put in the script. Hi is a bit nutty.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
I don't know to me it seemed very much in line with his personality. If I were to script a show for him, that is exactly what I would put in the script. Hi is a bit nutty.
totally agree with you there

i just wish they had gone without a script
Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

My wife and I watched it last nite...with all the ponchoes out there you would think Gallagher was doing to smash some watermelons! I am sure alot of them were disapointed as the front row did not even need them :(
Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_k48 View Post
My wife and I watched it last nite...with all the ponchoes out there you would think Gallagher was doing to smash some watermelons! I am sure alot of them were disapointed as the front row did not even need them :(
Ah but they got to keep the pancho!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
Ah but they got to keep the pancho!
It was that or a smelly t-shirt ;)