Gordon Ramsay (Merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Entertaining and definately a smart business man. Got to give credit where its due, the Gordons Kitchen Nightmares series was pretty funny.

From what I have been reading he has a normal cooking show comming out soon in the US... If true that will be quite the twist.

From what I have been reading he has a normal cooking show comming out soon in the US... If true that will be quite the twist.

Hope this is true, I will keep my fingers crossed. I so admire his demand for cleanliness. US could sure use some of his expectations. Most of his shows Nightmares, are properly titled. Nightmare! Who knows what one eats when they go to restaurant. Thankful he exposed some.

thanks for info.

I get BBC America on my cable package and must say that I prefer the English episodes of Kitchen Nightmares to the American episodes

He apparently knows how to run them, as he's still making money. .QUOTE]

Apparently you're a bit behind the times here. .QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification, Breezycooking. :)

My opinion of the man remains unchanged. Everyone is going through rough times and relying on just media reporting of a man's fate isn't fair. I still have faith in gordon, although I still prefer his UK shows over the US ones.

Apparently you're a bit behind the times here. .QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification, Breezycooking. :)

My opinion of the man remains unchanged. Everyone is going through rough times and relying on just media reporting of a man's fate isn't fair. I still have faith in gordon, although I still prefer his UK shows over the US ones.

While I do definitely agree with you that one shouldn't rely on the media, & I also definitely do not automatically take as indisputable fact everything I read, the serious financial problems re: Gordon's empire were reiterated by the man himself in personal interviews.

Is he an excellent showman & businessman? Yes. Did he get quite a bit ahead of himself & perhaps overestimate his popularity & $$ draw-power abroad? Yes.

I think he is too much a bully - I never learned anything
from someone threatening and screaming at me.
There is a famous chef in NY -Eric Rippert - when he instructs or
critiques he is quiet and gentle and IMHO much more effective than
Ramsey. I have a feeling Ramsey might be playing his part as
directed by the writers and producers.

I agree with you. One never learns well when screamed at. Ramsey has a very low tolerance of others below his level of knowledge. In my own opinion he is a foul mouthed, would like to have been a professional soccor player but, instead became a chef. Ramsey requires no direction it is truly his natural behaviour to be an A--hole.

I believe, and only my opinion, is he is so hard on others and even more on himself. When someone comments that the dish he served wasn't very good, he takes it so very personal.

On the show, we only get to see the things that production puts together. I can imagine there is lot of apologizing and lot of other things the public doesn't see. He wants the public to know that he is what he is, a person who demands perfection.

On this show Hell's Kitchen, I assume he is the one who decides who is the winner. I agree with his choice and thought Dave was the best! He showed determination and I did notice he was one who never got into disagreement with others on his team. Seemed everyone liked Dave. I am so very thankful he won.

I do look forward to the next Hell's Kitchen. I often have the feeling I am working right with them. Ramsay even does his part by handling the dishes. There isn't anything he expects that he himself would not do. What he preaches, he practices. He is what he is! The best! Only my opinion.

I don't think he's anything hugely special, but i think he has a great knack at getting people fired up and divided in opinion, which i guess keeps him a talking point. He does have a potty mouth though, i would hope that's only for affect on television and he doesn't talk to people in real life like that.

Actually, in all the segments where he's at home with his wife & kids, there's no "potty mouth", & he comes across as a nice normal kind of family guy. I'm thinking/hoping that that's the way he is in "real life" apart from his business.

While I do definitely agree with you that one shouldn't rely on the media, & I also definitely do not automatically take as indisputable fact everything I read, the serious financial problems re: Gordon's empire were reiterated by the man himself in personal interviews.

Is he an excellent showman & businessman? Yes. Did he get quite a bit ahead of himself & perhaps overestimate his popularity & $$ draw-power abroad? Yes.

I agree with you. I don't get a newspaper, try to not read news online, mainly because I don't always trust what I hear and prefer not to be depressed all the time. :P My support of gordon was from my impression of his character from the various shows he's been on, mostly his BBC america programs more than what I read about him. I made an assumption, a dangerous thing, about his profitability based on past success. hence why I thanked you on giving me more facts on the matter. I admit I'm a biased Gordon Ramsay fan. If I could meet the man in Real Life to get a clearer image of him I would. but we all know the success of that. I may know my way around a kitchen, but I think my chances of getting on hell's kitchen are slim to none. :P

Back
Top Bottom