"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #31
Mr. Greenjeans

I just got finished watching a Tivo'd "f Word".

They had a segment where they were interviewing a man who refers to himself as a "Freegan". He only eats food that he gets for free. It seems he regularly "shops" behind finer restaurants and such... in their dumpsters.

The interviewer actually sat in the park with him eating dumpster sushi, salad with balsamic, and tuna salad.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #32
Honey Badger

FOX announced that HK,and Kitchen Nightmares will be back again for a new season.They don't have days/times available yet.
I'm on the fence with HK..It's been the same menu season after season,just a new cast of misfits. Though Lacey was a blast :)

Munky.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #33
Sous Chef

That's the way we were with it too Munky. We gave up the ghost and just quit watching it.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #34
Mr. Greenjeans

Yeah, I stopped watching HK as well. I'm not big a degredation in the name of game shows.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #35
Sous Chef

I agree Bigdaddy. I can't wait for a lot of these "reality" shows to get old and pulled off the air.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #36
Assistant Cook

I like Hells Kitchen but this season was very weak. It was plainly obvious from the first episodes who the last two were going to be.

You're right though, they really need to change the formula. I don't know if I can face another season of people getting shouted at for burning scallops and not seasoning risotto... :yawn:
Old 06-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #37
Cook

And because of his excessive use of 'colorful' language, is thee exact reason I refuse to watch him. I mean come on, how many times in a 3 minute period does someone need to say the 'F' word. It's a cooking show, not a swearing show.

The Cooking Lady
Treklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #38
Assistant Cook

I don't think I've ever seen Gordon Ramsay cook.

I mean I've head him swear a lot and go on about cooking but I've never seen him cook.

If he was really all that passionate about cooking then I'd expect him to take more opportunity to actually do it.

And he spends too much time running down other famous chefs - seems a bit insecure.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #39
Senior Cook

You should try to put everything in one post instead of breaking each sentence up into a different post, it makes you look like a spammer and can get you booted quickly ... especially since all you've done since joining is complain and not done anyone any good.

But as far as Ramsay goes, he has cooked many times on his shows and others, he actually worked his way up from the bottom working for two top notch French chefs ... so cooking is something he has, and still does do (you can look it up on youtube if you want to see him cook). Something that happens too, when you get to the top of your line of work, is you end up doing less of what made you the top of your line. I for instance, have been in my business for 16 years and the last 5 have been at the top of my line as a manager .. and I'm more of a bean counter than anything now. I work in the office and tell people what to do, meet with clients and other people in my business, and make sure we make money ... I don't actually go out in the field and do it anymore. It happens in most industries actually. Most chef's that end up owning their own restaurants will do their own cooking, at least until they start opening up more than one (as Ramsay has done) ... then someone has to manage them and not cook anymore.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #40
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radula1976 View Post
If he was really all that passionate about cooking then I'd expect him to take more opportunity to actually do it.
When watching F word last night he was doing something over a stove that sure looked a lot like cooking to me.