Guy Fieri opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
totally off topic. Garlic, tell me how does it work? Do you have a newer TV then too? I've seen commercial for it, but never bothered to really look into it. Would be interesting to know from the first hand user.

It's a fairly new TV, but not a Smart TV. The Chromecast is a device that you plug into an HDMI (audio/video) port in the TV; it also has a USB plug that needs to be plugged into a USB port on the TV, for power. Then you install the software from the website onto your device (laptop, tablet or smartphone) and use it to connect the Chromecast to your wireless network. Then change the input option on your TV from cable (or whatever you have) to the HDMI port. Now you can stream videos from the device to the TV. Works great :)

The only problem I've had is that Amazon and Google don't want to play nice, so content on Amazon Prime won't stream well. Last time I tried it, I got the audio but not the video. Not sure how that will play out, but it's annoying.

We get Food Network Canada here...and it USED to be good. It USED to have cooking and recipes and you would learn things. Now we have wall-to-wall Fieri, Chopped and Restaurant Takeover. Dull, dull, dull. I've taken to watching PBS or TLN for Lidia's Italy.

We get Food Network Canada here...and it USED to be good. It USED to have cooking and recipes and you would learn things. Now we have wall-to-wall Fieri, Chopped and Restaurant Takeover. Dull, dull, dull. I've taken to watching PBS or TLN for Lidia's Italy.

It has been years since I have watched anything on FN. I watch PBS for my food shows. I know I get quality. My only complaint is just 45 minutes and the rest of the hour is nothing but ads for PBS. :angel:

I'm not sure what Stirling did, but we don't have Chrome cast, but can watch anything from our computers on the TV. I think it's part of our LAN.

For me he's getting old, from games shows to tums or rolaide commercials, I would sooner watch someone give instructional cooking tips.

Sites like this one help me more than watching someone stuffing their face with food, and cracking jokes.

Last edited:
I'm the minority here...triple d is kind of boring to me and his personality is a bit much for me. After seeing all the people who love the show on here I guess I should give it another try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I demand they bring back "How to boil Water"! While they're at it, "Taste" too!

I like Fieri okay, but DDD does wear on one after a while. My other knock on it is that while he seems to blanket the country, too many of the places are actually fairly concentrated in major population areas. For instance, in Colorado there are 14 places listed, yet zero outside of the Denver/Boulder area. In my opinion, that isn't a "road trip", it's a city exploration.

Just 40 minutes west of Denver there is the Tommyknocker Brewery that serves fish and chips with the biggest deep fried fillets you'll ever see, as well as just really good pub fare, paired with some great house brewed beers.

Just the same distance southwest from Denver is (or was the last time I was out that way) the Buck Snort Saloon in Sphinx Park, with some great burgers and sandwiches and not a french fry to be found.

And right here in the tiny town (pop about 350) I'm now living in is Bully's Restaurant and Tavern. If you want a real steak, forget Outback, and come to Bully's. Mark buys and cuts his own meat, and as a former butcher, he knows what he's doing. He also knows how to cook it. The fried catfish and the trout almondine are also pretty darn good. The place is only open Wednesday thru Saturday, but it's usually full for lunch (about 20 sandwiches plus salad bar on the lunch menu) and dinner all 4 days.

I could go on and on.

These are the kind of places that I thought he was reviewing, not just a bunch of citified yuppie dives. Disappointing....:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom