Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from watching a number of his shows on both bbc and american tv, i'd have to say that while the foul language seems just to be his normal speach, the nasty attitude is a schtick. it's a total put-on for tv. much worse, or really more sensational for american tv.

he's a big, fit guy so he's able to intimidate a lot of people and plays that up for his shows. he is a bit full of himself.

i've seen him curse in front of his 4 kids on one of his shows, so that seems to be normal for him, but he also seems to be a good and loving dad.

the only thing i don't like about him is he says yeah or yes to solicit a response too often. it's annoying in the way someone says "you know", "umm", or "right now" far too much.

I can't watch Hell's Kitchen anymore. The supposed chefs they choose each season are abysmal. Like watch an episode of Hell's Kitchen then watch an episode of Top Chef; it has never been, and never will be, about food. It's been the same show since season 1 and hasn't changed at all. Like literally every episode is the same, and every season is the same.

To me HK is not about food, it's about performing in the kitchen. It's about how well you handle the pressure and stress (which you will find in almost every rest. kitchen) and perform under such conditions. If I were in GR's shoes I'd be pi$$ed too. These contestants are exec. chefs, chef-owners, and the like. They should be able to walk into that kitchen and pull off a dinner service with little or no problems. Yeah, I think he hams it up for the drama but, these people should know how to cook.

Back
Top Bottom