"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 01-30-2016, 08:23 PM   #11
Master Chef

Is "dear" GR still as foul mouthed as ever? I can't stand his ridiculous antics.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Is "dear" GR still as foul mouthed as ever? I can't stand his ridiculous antics.
Yeah he drops a lot of F bombs. I think it's more accepted in the UK; I think it's a little on the cheeky side and seen as entertaining there, but it's not seen as taboo as it does in the USA.

Europe is different. They can pretty much curse on regular TV and soap/shampoo commercials show nude people, but their shows don't have as much violence as ours do. I've never been to Europe; I am sure others can explain it better.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

GR is able to tone it down on Master Chef Junior, and he clearly likes the little kids.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:29 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
GR is able to tone it down on Master Chef Junior, and he clearly likes the little kids.
Those kids are cute on that show.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:01 PM   #15
Master Chef

I'm no prude, but with him being a father himself, I wonder if he minds his own kids using his language? Personally, I view someone who consistently uses that offensive language as not very bright. jmo

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:31 AM   #16
Master Chef

Kayelle, one of the Benedictine monks Himself had for English in high school made an interesting point with the young men. He would remind them that with around one million words in the English language, there was no excuse for using cuss words, ever. That point has stuck with him for fifty years, and he rarely utters even the lightest of swear words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_1138 View Post
Those kids are cute on that show.
I've never been interested in watching any of Ramsey's other shows, but the promos they do for the kids' version do look cute. Still not cute enough to have me watching them, though. I'm not much of a TV watcher.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:01 AM   #17
Head Chef

He's not anywhere near as bad even on Master Chef (the adult version) as he is on HK. We watched the latest episode of HK on "On Demand" last night and I told Craig I was surprised he hadn't resorted to using "fat cow" with some of them like he has done previously.

I hope it's just nerves and pressure that cause some of them to make the mistakes they do. I would think his staff checks resumes and references before they extend the acceptance to participate, especially with an executive chef's position as the prize, although I saw in an article a while back that's not always guaranteed since at least one of the "winners" never got her job apparently.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:12 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Maybe it's me, but... Given the way that FN treated Paula Dean, (am not saying she is innocent btw) and they let GR get away with such a filthy mouth and most of all being so demeaning to everyone, I just don't understand it.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:10 AM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Home Cook View Post
Maybe it's me, but... Given the way that FN treated Paula Dean, (am not saying she is innocent btw) and they let GR get away with such a filthy mouth and most of all being so demeaning to everyone, I just don't understand it.
A: GR is not directing his cursing at any particular race of people. He seems to curse and demean equally across the board.

B: GR is not on Food Network. Other networks don't have to follow FN's policy guidelines.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Home Cook View Post
He's not on the Food Network, he's on Fox. That explains a lot.

3 or 4 of Bostons better chefs, well-trained, competent and successful have been on so not everyone is a dud.

This season though... Good lord I'd last until the top 8! They all seem like young, clueless morons.

And why is Christina leading the women's brigade??🤔🤔

It's way too early to pick out a leader or even a dark horse. Meese will likely be gone soon, though ....

Tags
kitchen