Hell's Kitchen current season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's not on the Food Network, he's on Fox. That explains a lot.

3 or 4 of Bostons better chefs, well-trained, competent and successful have been on so not everyone is a dud.

This season though... Good lord I'd last until the top 8! They all seem like young, clueless morons.

And why is Christina leading the women's brigade????

It's way too early to pick out a leader or even a dark horse. Meese will likely be gone soon, though ....

Christina -- the previous winner on Hell's Kitchen? I guess she's like Ramsay's assistant chef at the pass -- helping to check food before it goes out. She does seem kind of angry -- yelling at them a lot. But I am sure they cut out 99% of the footage where she is NOT yelling. :)

My question is if GR is such a highly respected "French trained Chef" why is his foul mouth and demeaning antics worth the money it costs to produce these tv shows?
Interesting, although not surprising, he's sold out to a better way to make a buck.

My question is if GR is such a highly respected "French trained Chef" why is his foul mouth and demeaning antics worth the money it costs to produce these tv shows?
Interesting, although not surprising, he's sold out to a better way to make a buck.

It's worth the money to produce these shows, because the masses are pretty unrefined. They like to see people getting yelled at. So they watch his shows a lot which means the ad revenue is huge -- basically just appealing to the masses in order to earn more money.

Polite, dignified people are boring to the average TV viewer. Julia Child in her heyday probably did not get as many viewers as Ramsay does today, unfortunately. Well, of course she was on public TV (which has a greater good/purpose), so the ad revenue didn't play as big a part as it does on other channels.

Last edited:
Christina -- the previous winner on Hell's Kitchen? I guess she's like Ramsay's assistant chef at the pass -- helping to check food before it goes out. She does seem kind of angry -- yelling at them a lot. But I am sure they cut out 99% of the footage where she is NOT yelling. :)

Should have made myself clearer.

Christina did win Hells Kitchen a few seasons ago but now she is the head chef for Gordon Ramsay's entire restaurant empire.

What's she doing on the show?

I started my working career in the business world. As a street kid, I could swear with the best of them. Working cured me of that the very first day I ever went to work. Dang and Dag Nab It are my two strongest swear words. Even my kids are surprised that I don't swear considering it is all around me.

We have one resident (a woman) who can put a fleet of truck drivers along with some dock workers to shame with her filthy mouth. I try my best to avoid her. I never comment when someone is using foul language. Not unless it is really bad. Then I speak up. I have to admit. I tend to look down on mainly women who have a dirty mouth. And I am not too forgiving toward the men either. :angel:

It's worth the money to produce these shows, because the masses are pretty unrefined. They like to see people getting yelled at. So they watch his shows a lot which means the ad revenue is huge -- basically just appealing to the masses in order to earn more money.

Polite, dignified people are boring to the average TV viewer. Julia Child in her heyday probably did not get as many viewers as Ramsay does today, unfortunately. Well, of course she was on public TV (which has a greater good/purpose), so the ad revenue didn't play as big a part as it does on other channels.

Gee, thanks. So nice to know I'm among the great unwashed masses :rolleyes:

It's worth the money because the show has a large audience, which means lots of advertising dollars. It's my understanding that swearing is not all that unusual in restaurant kitchens. Check out Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential," for example.

He still runs his restaurant empire, so I don't think he's "sold out." It's just another business opportunity. The shows don't take all that long to shoot.

Gee, thanks. So nice to know I'm among the great unwashed masses :rolleyes:

lol, no. :) I was just replying to the earlier person who asked why Ramsay's show is being produced even though he curses. I just meant society in general likes drama.

I watch Hell's Kitchen, too. We'd still watch it without the anger/cursing, I am sure.

Wow, I've never seen Ramsay tell someone to leave in the middle of an episode before.

I can't believe the women put up Kristin for elimination. It's almost as if they want the stronger competitors gone to help their own chances. Plus they probably vote based on who they like and not really who's the weakest link.

Heck, real life is like that.

Back
Top Bottom