How well known is James Martin in the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teamtomsk

Assistant Cook
Newbie and first question....

I have to admit to being a bit of a fan of his (avatar is from his new iPhone/iPad app) and I'm in Scotland - Just wondered how well known he is elsewhere in the world, particularly the US?

I Wiki'ed him. I've never seen or heard of him either. I don't watch BBC much though.

I Wiki'ed him. I've never seen or heard of him either. I don't watch BBC much though.

Interesting! He's become a hell of a lot more popular in the UK than either Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey.

My thought exactly, Andy, but I'm not one to go by. I used to like People magazine, but at age 55 I now look at the cover when at the grocery store and realize there is no one I recognize! My husband and I joke that our CD collection has nothing newer than 1970. Heck, half the time the only person on TV I recognize is Betty White!

My thought exactly, Andy, but I'm not one to go by. I used to like People magazine, but at age 55 I now look at the cover when at the grocery store and realize there is no one I recognize! My husband and I joke that our CD collection has nothing newer than 1970. Heck, half the time the only person on TV I recognize is Betty White!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

James Martin is a very good trained Patisserie chef,years ago he made his mark on telly with his realtime spun sugar creations, he is the complete opposite of G Ramsey. I hate him because he is young, good looking and in the field of patisserie he wipes the floor with me:(

Newbie and first question....

I have to admit to being a bit of a fan of his (avatar is from his new iPhone/iPad app) and I'm in Scotland - Just wondered how well known he is elsewhere in the world, particularly the US?
Tomski mate if you have sky find the food network prog, it is compulsive viewing but you will realise why James Martin is not known. Check out Diners, Drive ins and Dive's the quality of food in these places is spectacular.

Me either, although I "know" foul mouth Ramsey and Jamie Oliver.

Welcome to DC, and tell us about him!

Thanks for the welcome!

He's a TV chef here in the UK, originally from Yorkshire and is most well known for his Saturday morning show, Saturday Kitchen on BBC1, which gets about 13 million viewers a week I believe.

Mild mannered, relaxed, humorous and as well as creating some seriously tasty dishes is probably only one of a hand full of TV chefs who don't seem to be on some kind of ego trip the whole time.

Here's a couple of links...

BBC - Food

James' new iphone & ipad app site

Well worth looking at his stuff - Just be aware he is very well known for his love and rather liberal use of butter in his recipes... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom