"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 03-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Head Chef

I think it is a bit strange in a societal way, but ....
They are just recreating the "natural order" of things, which has each partner contributing to the whole. One is carrying, one contributed. That's as graphic as I can get here. Ingenious, in its own way.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I think that's about the most beautiful thing I've heard of in awhile.

Simply put - this is what comes out of love.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
Everymom

I'm rushing a bit but how close are their due dates? My thought would be they ought to be sure to have them a good distance apart for the simple reason that having the two babies born near the same time is going to make for a couple of VERY exhausted moms.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Is she doing Iron Chef while pregnant?

Chairman: So, Iron Chef Cora, What was your inspiration for our first dish... uh, called... Sweet pickle and chocolate icecream souffle?

Iron Chef Cora: Uhh... I'll give you one guess...
Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninga75 View Post
Is she doing Iron Chef while pregnant?

Chairman: So, Iron Chef Cora, What was your inspiration for our first dish... uh, called... Sweet pickle and chocolate icecream souffle?

Iron Chef Cora: Uhh... I'll give you one guess...
Ha! I do believe Cat Cora is known for putting fish in the ice cream machine!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #16
Executive Chef

I find the timing of the pregnancies odd only in timing. One infant is hard, two four months apart is crazy. She must truly be a superwoman.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
Head Chef

I bet the baby food will be interesting!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
It doesn't sound bizarre to me. It sounds like it was well thought out and planned to have all the children be as much a part of both of them as possible.
doesn't sound bizarre to me, either. The law is what was bizarre, and I'm not sure where they live, but it still may be. I have some good friends, both lawyers, in Massachusetts, who, 15 years ago were the spearheads in the landmark case (first in the nation) to make it possible for both members of a lesbian couple to legally be the parents of the child of one of them. Prior to that, the person who did not bear the child had no legal connection to it.

imho, the most important thing for any child in this crazy world is to have two loving parents. It matters not whether they are the same sex.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
doesn't sound bizarre to me, either. The law is what was bizarre, and I'm not sure where they live, but it still may be. I have some good friends, both lawyers, in Massachusetts, who, 15 years ago were the spearheads in the landmark case (first in the nation) to make it possible for both members of a lesbian couple to legally be the parents of the child of one of them. Prior to that, the person who did not bear the child had no legal connection to it.

imho, the most important thing for any child in this crazy world is to have two loving parents. It matters not whether they are the same sex.
I remember that. I was still in California and the Mass case was highly reported on because of the large lesbian population in California.

I admit to being shocked. I didn't know Cat was a lesbian and I'm sure this is probably the most interesting "public coming out" I've ever seen.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
Senior Cook

I never even thought about laws governing lesbian couples when I read the article. I was just thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of expense and trouble to go through to have one person's egg fertilized and put into another person's uterus. Why not just use the donor sperm to impregnate the both of them separately and forget about moving the eggs from uterus to uterus??????"

After thinking about all the legalities, I can see why a lesbian couple would go to those extremes so that their partner could have legal custody (without a big court battle) if anything should happen to one of them. So, Cat and her partner's way of doing things makes more sense now. I'm still shocked that she is a lesbian and married. But, good for her! And, they're still asking for it with infants so close together .