Iron Chef Cat Cora Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never even thought about laws governing lesbian couples when I read the article. I was just thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of expense and trouble to go through to have one person's egg fertilized and put into another person's uterus. Why not just use the donor sperm to impregnate the both of them separately and forget about moving the eggs from uterus to uterus??????"
They take the eggs out of the woman to inseminate them. They don't just shoot a tube of sperm up a woman and hope. They remove the eggs, fertilize them with sperm, and then reimplant them with the fertilized eggs. It's actually "no big deal" to switch around eggs between a couple of women. If both women wanted to be pregnant, the expense is no different than if they wanted to swap the eggs.

And I have to say ~ that is NOT something I thought I'd EVER have to explain on a COOKING forum. :LOL:

They take the eggs out of the woman to inseminate them. They don't just shoot a tube of sperm up a woman and hope. They remove the eggs, fertilize them with sperm, and then reimplant them with the fertilized eggs. It's actually "no big deal" to switch around eggs between a couple of women. If both women wanted to be pregnant, the expense is no different than if they wanted to swap the eggs.

And I have to say ~ that is NOT something I thought I'd EVER have to explain on a COOKING forum. :LOL:

LOL - you got that right!

If they take the eggs out of the woman to inseminate them, and then reinsert the fertalized egg into the egg donor or a serogate mother - that is called in vitro fertilization (aka: test tube baby)

If they just shoot a tube of sperm up a woman and hope - that is called in vivo fertilization (aka: Daddy was a turkey baster)

Like Cooksie noted - I think Cat and her partner have plugged the legal holes to make both partners legal guardians and parents regardless of which state they may be in - and whether that state recognizes same sex marriages or not.

LOL - you got that right!

If they just shoot a tube of sperm up a woman and hope - that is called in vivo fertilization (aka: Daddy was a turkey baster)
OMG Michael, I just spewed beer on my poor almost hairless unsuspecting cat laughing at that line. Poor little Pharaoh Fuku. On one heck of a crappy day I totally needed that laugh. Thank you.

Many lesbians carry each other's children like this for emotional and not legal reasons. In this case, they are married. Today, most states allow a partner to legally adopt the other partner's child.

Cat and her partner have done this before with one of their other children.

They have 5 year old and 2 year old boys at home.

Holy moly. 5 year old, 2 year old and then two infants. YIKES! That is a recipe for nanny if I ever heard one.

Alix, you forget that you have two mommies there, not a mommy and a daddy--equal distribution of work, including breast feeding, if they go that route.

But a nanny sounds like a good idea.

But if Cat goes back to work, how is that different than a stay at home mom and a working father? And we don't know about Cat's wife, maybe she works too. I would definitely say a nanny would be a good addition if they don't have one already.

LOL - oh geeze sparrowgrass ... I almost hurt myself laughing about the "breast feeding" thought.

I just had this flash of an image of Cat walking into the kitchen, ripping her chef's jacket open, and announcing, "Soup's on!" :huh:

Last edited:
Sparrowgrass...I do see your point, but still...4 kids under schoolage is busy no matter how you look at it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom