"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Jamie Oliver, My favourite chef

who here loves jamie oliver? i have all his books...accept for the latest one ( food ministry...out in england but not in the u.s yet :(

Old 05-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommythechef View Post
who here loves jamie oliver? i have all his books...accept for the latest one ( food ministry...out in england but not in the u.s yet :(
Yes I love Jamie, we visit his parents pub for lunch sometimes, they have signed copies of his books there
The Cricketers, Clavering
the food is beautiful, but I prefer the pub as it used to be, quaint & pretty. They don't show you the huge extension in the photo's...bit sneaky hey...still worth going for the food...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
Head Chef

I also enjoy Jamie Oliver's shows very much. I have a few of his books and I enjoy them very much. The recipes are fabulous and I love the spices and seasonings he uses, his food never seems bland.

I was in London two weeks ago and while I ate at some really good places, the next time I go there I will have to look up his restaurant and pay a visit.

I am more impressed by him than Gordon Ramsey. I thought about visiting his restaurant in Grovsenor house (we were originally going to stay there) but I find him too pompous :-) so I decided to skip.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuta View Post
I also enjoy Jamie Oliver's shows very much. I have a few of his books and I enjoy them very much. The recipes are fabulous and I love the spices and seasonings he uses, his food never seems bland.

I was in London two weeks ago and while I ate at some really good places, the next time I go there I will have to look up his restaurant and pay a visit.

I am more impressed by him than Gordon Ramsey. I thought about visiting his restaurant in Grovsenor house (we were originally going to stay there) but I find him too pompous :-) so I decided to skip.
you can stay overnight at The Cricketers...hence the extension...rates are very reasonable though..also handy if you can fly into Stansted Airport...taxi to Clavering, it's very near...make sure you get the right Cricketers though..there's another pub with the same name a couple of miles away..
if you're going to London there's a few places I can recommend, if you're interested pm me
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Smile Lovely to meet other J.O. fans !!

Its great to meet others who love Jamie too. I totally agree with you guys. His technique is a life style. His new book ' jamie at home; ...really makes me want to live in the country and grow my own produce wear dungarees :) ...but sadly i'm stuck in the city...so i try to buy organic and cook with the beautiful simplicity he expresses. He is truly unique and an absolute inspiration.

I would love to visit his parents pub...he talks so much about it in his books... my husbands brother lives in London so we may travel there next year....hope i will be able to make a visit there when i do.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Oui il est pas mal, il a de bonnes idées !
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryline View Post
Oui il est pas mal, il a de bonnes idées !
i'm sorry...i dont know french :(
Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuta View Post

i must agree with you...however, i do admire the perfectionist nature in Gordon Ramsey...its just that Jamie Oliver appears to be more appealing because he is all about family and simple cooking, where as Gordon Ramsey focuses primarily on the business side of things... they both however in my opinion deserve the success they have.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Quote:
i'm sorry...i dont know french :(
Umm. 'Yes, he isn't bad. He has good ideas.'

I think.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Cook

Quote:
there is a chanal called fatafeat on tv - it HAS ONLY FOOD , AND ALOT O jamie oliver;s shows .... its on cabels here ,i donnu where u from .. but its amzing , u can search that name on web {fatafeat}

YUUMY FOOD , AND LOTS OF JAMIE OLIVER THE SWEET NAKED CHEF ! :c hef: