Jamie Oliver's food revolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as I wish something like this would work, I don't think JO has a chance of success.

Imagine if a foreigner came into your life and told you everything you and everyone around you had been doing all your life was completely wrong and was harmful to your children. Not only that, but humiliates you in front of TV cameras for the world to see. You immediately hate the guy and reject anything he says.

At that point, it doesn't matter if he's right.

I believe that the only way this could work is for parents to embrace a healthy change and support it individually in their kitchens and as a community in their schools. They'd have to be willing to pay for it too.

As much as I wish something like this would work, I don't think JO has a chance of success.
Imagine if a foreigner came into your life and told you everything you and everyone around you had been doing all your life was completely wrong.....
And I view these shows as reality TV. The producers probably scout different places and find which one has people most willing to be embarrassed on national TV. Probably for a price.;)

.............I find that frequently the cashier at the grocery store has to ask me "What is this?"................
And I commend any of the teen-aged cashiers when they know what something uncommon is. Practically had my sox knocked off when a teen boy said "this is a shallot, right?" I was REALLY impressed that day!

I was only half surprised that the children couldn't identify vegetables. I find that frequently the cashier at the grocery store has to ask me "What is this?" when she rings up my produce. If it's packaged and barcoded, they do fine, but if the veggies are loose, half of them get stuck!

Happens to me all the time.

i saw the first 2 episodes, pretty good show. i loved it when he opens the familys freezer and you see nothing but 1 dollar mr P's pizzas, it was pretty organized though

I think the show is a bit over dramatic, but then all relaity shows are (I still do not see how they are reality shows. No one follows me around in my life).

I think he has the right idea, but he is fighting a serious battle and the big businesses who are making the big money off selling that so called food-like-sustance to our children are going to be up in arms if he can make the changes he is hoping to do.

With obesity rising and moreso in our children, I hope he does it. Go Jamie.

I think the biggest problem Jamie Oliver needed to overcome as far as this series went was of his own making - self-importance.

When he visited Huntington, WV (supposedly the area with the highest level of obesity in the U.S.) last year, his attitude was way over the top. He was full of himself, rude, & quite insulting to the local populace, which only made him look all the more pompous & have much of his advice fall on deaf ears. In addition - the vast majority of his "suggestions" for school cafeteria makeovers went WAY above & beyond what this low-income area could even remotely afford on a regular basis. It was ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom