Looking for recipe that was on From Spain with Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KrakenFan69

Assistant Cook
On the first episode of From Spain with Love they made a fried ravioli looking thing that had meat, egg, cheese all folded into what looked like a wonton wrapper that was then deep fried. She said it was meant to be eaten on one bite to give some idea of size. Can anyone tell me what this was called or point me towards a recipe for this little morsel?

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Didn't see the show. Have you checked out the Cooking Channel website for recipes fro the show?

yeah, it lists the show but only has the recipe for the hake in green sauce.

Kraken Fan #69

If the Cooking Channel site is anything like the FoodTV site, your recipe is in there somewhere. Not knowing the name of the dish makes it difficult.

Maybe someone else here saw the show and can help. Good luck.

Great detective work, 4Me! I was able to find her website, but not the recipe OP was searching for.

Thank you so much for finding that link. I have scoured the site and the web and could only find clips from part of the show. Your Google Fu is strong indeed!
The recipe is at about 12;00 minutes in the video. It's called Bocado de huevos fritos con patatas. Roughly translated it means bacon and eggs fried with potato. Lightly grilled bacon is chopped and added to the center of a thin potato wrapper (think won ton), an egg yolk is added then it getts wrapped up and fried in a deep frier. Upon removing it gets a touch on the grill and then served. The yolk should run when biten into. It is a one bite snack. If I can figure out how to make the potato wrapper I think I will try it with quail eggs.

Thanka again for the help!

Kraken Fan #69

Back
Top Bottom