Modern wheat is poison, according to this guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've also started splitting meals at restaurants. Restaurants hate that, but it's our small way of rebelling against the humongous portions many of them serve.

Himself and I like completely different meals so no splitting in our family (even though it's cheaper). However, I know I can't finish an entree most of the time so when I put my order in I also ask for a take-out container. The server usually forgets but I send them back right away. I'm not a germaphobe but I know the food stays fresher if you pack it before you slobber all over it.:LOL:

Himself is an insulin-using diabetic. My Mom was, and her Mom was probably undiagnosed but probably diabetic. My blood sugar was trending in the wrong way and the doctor said to eliminate white bread. Went to strictly whole grain with sugar to feed the yeast instead of HFCS and my next bloodtest was "excellent". Not a big change, but a big difference.

Baby steps...

The way I understood matey's post didn't me "we" you and me. I know we eat a lot of from-scratch stuff prepared from fresh, wholesome foods. But, unfortunately, some people exist on only junky processed foods. Look in my shopping cart and you'll see about half the stuff is fresh produce. The other half is balanced nutritious stuff. No processed, no junk, no frozen or "convenience". Then look in the cart of a rather generously proportioned person and it's full of frozen dinners, sweetened cereal, box mixes - crap. I think the second group is the one matey tags as ingesting every that's crap. I know I see them in the stores and I bet you do too GG.

Maybe it was the "I'm not here to debate it, just state my opinion" comment that got on my nerves :glare: That's what we do here - debate and discuss. I think people should be open-minded enough to consider that there might be new or different facts that should factor into their opinions.

But no, just because I hang out on a foodie site doesn't mean I'm perfect in what I buy. I just don't believe a lot of the hype promoted by untrained people who "won't eat what I can't pronounce" or "something my grandmother wouldn't recognize." I studied French and Spanish and Greek & Latin root words; there's not much I can't pronounce. That doesn't mean anything. And my grandmother wouldn't recognize fresh ginger or understand why I flavor my food with lemongrass or buy 6 kinds of chile peppers. So that's meaningless, too.

It's like that commercial. "I found it on the internet. Because you can't say something that's not true on the internet." Wanna bet? I'm pretty careful in the sites and speakers I choose to believe. And rumors repeated from one site to another don't do it for me.

I really enjoy baking homemade breads, so it would be kind of a downer if it turned out to be true. I have to admit, though, that since my wife and I started a diet last month that prohibits simple carbs, we both feel immensely healthier. Though feeling better might just simply stem from the fact that I've lost 22 lbs. :)

Whether I buy into his theory or not is moot. I still don't like bread. I am one of the lucky ones I guess? :angel:

Give it some time and they will change all of this like they seem to do with most everything else.

Eggs .. good, bad, good bad and so on

In reality there isn't much anymore that is good for you ... if you take into consideration all that is added to everything used to produce the foods we ingest.

Read what you want, select what you choose to believe and practice, offer it as suggestions to those interested and back off if you meet resistance.

We all choose to go down our paths and you can not bully people into believing one thing or another .. wheat .. bad .. wheat good ..

Trying to put fear into people to make them go along with an idea is just plain assinine.

Decide for yourself and carry on ... Bon Appetit !! !

Maybe it was the "I'm not here to debate it, just state my opinion" comment that got on my nerves :glare: That's what we do here - debate and discuss. I think people should be open-minded enough to consider that there might be new or different facts that should factor into their opinions.

But no, just because I hang out on a foodie site doesn't mean I'm perfect in what I buy. I just don't believe a lot of the hype promoted by untrained people who "won't eat what I can't pronounce" or "something my grandmother wouldn't recognize." I studied French and Spanish and Greek & Latin root words; there's not much I can't pronounce. That doesn't mean anything. And my grandmother wouldn't recognize fresh ginger or understand why I flavor my food with lemongrass or buy 6 kinds of chile peppers. So that's meaningless, too.

It's like that commercial. "I found it on the internet. Because you can't say something that's not true on the internet." Wanna bet? I'm pretty careful in the sites and speakers I choose to believe. And rumors repeated from one site to another don't do it for me.

That may be what YOU do here but (A) I was suppose to know it could get heated here, how? Remember I've been here a few days. (B) You can become combative all you want, that doesn't mean I'm going to feed into your little drama show. I don't deal with it in real life & I sure as heck WILL NOT allow you to try & intimidate me here on a simple message board, got it?

Considering the forum is named Discuss Cooking & not named Debate Cooking could have something to do with why I posted my debate part. I haven't seen anything remotely combative since I started reading here until you came along trying to rip me a new one for MY views.

You & no one else will ever get me to change my mind on something I feel so strongly about so no, I will not debate it. You are more than welcome to have your own views with this subject & any other subject but I don't ever try to change anyone to think like me. That includes cooking, religion, politics, music or any other subject.

Now, had I been in here or any other thread asking for advice or a debate that would be different but until then.....

You also asked earlier why I have to eat 2 pieces of bread a day? Teach me a way to soak up egg yokes from my poached eggs or my dippy eggs when I have breakfast & I'd love to try it. Until then, I'm stuck doing bread. I love bread, I could eat it all day long but then again, I could eat chocolate all day long but I also realize that doing either isn't exactly a healthy move so why do it?

Cooking Goddess & Taxlady got exactly what my points were/are & Addie, Yes you are one of the lucky ones. Bread is a very important staple in the Pa Dutch society, a true Dutchie will always have a few different types of bread served at each meal & it is very hard to skip it. I did learn I can eat a sandwich on the nights I work by wrapping the meat & cheese in lettuce so I did get that part of my day straighten out.

Back
Top Bottom