"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media
Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #11
Assistant Cook
I watch it regularly. It has no confirmation the loss of the those two.

jacknichole37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
Head Chef
and their pictures are still on the website

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
Head Chef
I just watched the Saturday night repeat of the show. I didn't recognize any of the competing chefs, or the names of their restaurants, so the show felt no different to me than "Top Chef."

I have this lingering image in my head...

Julia Childs, as a contestant, walks up to the judge's table with a whole chicken in her hand, and knocks out judge Steingarten's clock. Now, that would be great TV!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
Assistant Cook
With Farmerie getting voted off last night....I don't see ANY of the remaining Chefs with the PERSONALITY for television!!! Last time, both Michael Symon (who I rooted for and love on ICA) and Besh had the personality for TV...NO ONE on this season does...maybe Garces. I think this season is RIGGED for Amanda Frietag to win because she is the ONLY Chef who ALREADY involved with FN...she's a judge (and not a very nice one) on CHOPPED. I hope she doesn't win, I can't stand her and she's SOOO mean to the contestants on Chopped, always gettin' on them about complaining about their lack of time to cook (20 min) when SHE has complained on NIC about HER lack of cooking time (60 & 90 min!). Also...I think Batali was OUT on Iron Chef....if you watched every week you'd see they had REMOVED Batali's image from the opening and just within the last few weeks have they PUT IT BACK. Watch the Iron Chef wall pictures in the background....Symon has always been next to Cora....in a few background scenes It's FLAY, MORIMOTO, CORA & SIMON with NO BATALI and then a few seconds later BATALI'S pic is back. I think FN caved to fans who love Batali...so yeah I think they kicked him off but realized fans were not going to stand for that!

fox8797 is offline   Reply With Quote