Online Spice Sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I just visited the Penzeys online store and was dismayed to find that they have become highly politicised. Though I read all of what was stated on their facebook page, I was trying to find a particular herb that I was unfamiliar with. On their home page, I didn't find a listing of the vast variety of herbs and spices that Penzeys is famous for. Instead, there were different herb and spice blends show.

I then went to Pendery's site, as I believe they have the ultimate selection of peppers. I also know they sell herbs, and spices. I happily found that they have 9 pages of herbs and spices, plus spice blends for making various types of sausages. When I want to purchace herbs and spices from now on, Pendery's will be the first place I look.

Others of you may have a different experience on the Pensey site than I did, or have another favorite site to purchase herbs and spices. That's OK. I'm simply making everyone aware of Pedery's. Feel free to let us know what online store you like to use for herb, and spices.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I just visited the Penzeys online store and was dismayed to find that they have become highly politicised. Though I read all of what was stated on their facebook page, I was trying to find a particular herb that I was unfamiliar with. On their home page, I didn't find a listing of the vast variety of herbs and spices that Penzeys is famous for. Instead, there were different herb and spice blends show.
If you click the word Spices in the menu bar, you will find list of categories of spices - like chilis, curries, salt-free, etc. - as well as links for each letter of the alphabet, to browse the spices that way. There's also a search box in the dropdown menu.

As most food retail sites do, they use the home page to highlight seasonal ingredients and specials.

Bill Penzey has been pretty open about his political leanings for a couple of years now. He has gained many more customers than he has lost for this. I continue to buy Penzeys spices because the quality is excellent and I want to support the business. I don't see anything about it on the website, though.

Last edited:
I was ready to order from Penzey's. I checked with my M-I-L that she still has an address in the US where stuff can be delivered. But, there was no way for me to enter my Canadian credit card. They insist on a US billing address for the credit card. I filled in their contact form, but haven't heard back and it's been well over a week. Oh well. No, I won't bother phoning. If they don't want the custom, that's their problem. I'm not jumping through more hoops.

We've bought from The Spice Lab and have also been to their retail store as they are local to us. Craig bought a whole bunch of hot stuff and I got some Bomba rice that we have yet to use. It was serendipitous that I found them. Ordered some dried chiles we couldn't find locally off Amazon, went to use them and noted their factory address on the package, so looked them up to see if they had a retail store. Yes they did! The dried chilies were excellent quality. They were more expensive than what we get in the grocery store, but the quality was superior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom