"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

sigh. local PBS doesn't carry many of the shows anymore that you guys are mentioning. Still get America's Test Kitchen and spinoff Country Cook, Jacques Fast Food, Lidia, and a few others. But I'm finding when I watch any of them, whether on FN or PBS, the repetition sets in after a while.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
Head Chef

I love America's Test Kitchen but one of the best things about PBS is some of the local cooking shows like Ms. Lucy's Cajun Cooking.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
Master Chef

While the lineup for cooking shows on PBS where I live is on Saturday - it appears that it is Sunday in New York City. Here is an article I found on Foodie NYC that you might enjoy, or at least find interesting, PBS Sundays: Better than Food Network

I have to agree - I don't even miss not having Food TV any more.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
Head Chef

I have a question about a cooking show. The chef had done time in prison and had made a successful career in cooking after he got out. I saw a show in which he was teaching troubled kids to cook and to become a team in the kitchen. I've been asked who he is and where I saw this - Anyone have a clue for me? I would appreciate so I can pass it on to where it's needed. Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
I have a question about a cooking show. The chef had done time in prison and had made a successful career in cooking after he got out. I saw a show in which he was teaching troubled kids to cook and to become a team in the kitchen. I've been asked who he is and where I saw this - Anyone have a clue for me? I would appreciate so I can pass it on to where it's needed. Thanks
I can't think of his name right now, but I believe that show is/was on a major network, and not either pbs or tvfn.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
Chef Jeff Project

The Chef Jeff Project : Food Network
Old 04-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

I also love PBS cooking shows. Rick Bayless is amazing! Is Daisy cooks still on pbs? I havent seen it on here latley, but did noticce that she had a show on the foodnetwork a few weeks ago. I think there was only 3 epidodes maybe? I miss Mary Episito, I havent seen that on PBS in Texas, when I was in CNY she was on there. Where would I be with out the frugal gourmet...
Old 04-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #18
Cook

I grew up watching Martin Yan on "Yan Can Cook". It was one of my favorite shows. Next to Mr. Rogers of course.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #19
Head Chef

ah yes, the Galloping Gourmet! I still have the wooden spoon/spatula thing that he used and one could order. I forget what he called it, but I love it! it is one of my favorite utensils! O.K., just googled it, it's a spurtle.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:26 AM   #20
Senior Cook

I watch Baking with Julia every chance I get. I never get tired of the reruns, either. I check out Createtv every day. I love the instruction I get from the chefs and cooks on PBS.