"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
Master Chef

Well, since RR really doesn't know how to cook, i am not surprised she doesn't know how to portioin the foods.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

She might not be a world class chef Charlie, but she is not a stupid person. She does know how to cook. She may use ingredients you would not use, but she still has created many meals and while they may not be things you will find in a 4 star restaurants they are usually great for working families looking to put a tasty filling somewhat healthy meal on the table quickly. I have no doubt that because of RR there are fewer families relying on fast food for dinner. I would say that is a pretty good thing.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Well, since RR really doesn't know how to cook, i am not surprised she doesn't know how to portioin the foods.
Are you sure? I'm certain that was her on TV cooking!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #14
Head Chef

Personally, I think RR is more in touch with what most people would/could cook
than most of the other shows out there.
Dunno how she does it all in 1/2 an hour, but there are VERY FEW things she does
that I wouldn't eat or wouldn't be interested in cooking.

GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #15
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I love RR's earlier 30-minute meals. I think she has gotten too polished in her newer ones. She not a chef, she is just a cook... which is what I always liked (that and she grew up in he same area I did). I agree she dishes up large portions, but I think a lot of the TV cooking shows do the same thing. It is up to us to decide what serving really is, but what looks better a HUGE bowl of food or a 1 1/2 cup serving size. It is TV after all and has to look appetizing for the camera.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
Master Chef

Folks I agree, with one thing Yo like her, me i hate her. NAd it is not what she is cooking, it's her, and she is no cook, or actually cook she is, but she is no chef.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Folks I agree, with one thing Yo like her, me i hate her. NAd it is not what she is cooking, it's her, and she is no cook, or actually cook she is, but she is no chef.
She would be the first to tell you I'm not a chef, I think she just loves foods and cooking for people. Not so long ago I saw her on Iron Chef cooking with Mario Battali they were pitted against Giada and Bobby Flay,,They won and she said she was surprised and pleased because she was not a chef Mario said to her YES you are.
If you don't care for her that's ok we all have likes and dislikes. I have several who drive me round the bend..I just find something else to do when they come on.
kadesma
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

exactly what she has said many times. hate is surely a strong word for a tv hostess. if you "hate" her don't watch.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #19
Executive Chef

I agree with BabeToo. It seems to me that if you don't like a person or a TV show, or a particular movie, Don't Watch! And if the subject of that person, TV show or movie comes up, ignore it and walk away.

Generally, when someone takes the time to complain about another person in a strong way, and they don't actually know that other person, as in a TV personality, it strikes me as being akin to "bitter old lady gossip."
Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Rachel Ray

I like the show, as per the volume of her food, its just meant to feed the whole studio thats why I think its a lot. What I dont like about it is that sometimes she tends to overtalk and its kinda annoying. Sorry

Tags
control, portion, rachel, ray