Rachael Ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly why I like her. I feel like I could invite her to my kitchen for food and a chat and have a great time.

I like her TV personality. Her food looks decent-enough. I did like her show $40 per day, but would sometimes wonder if she actually tipped.

Once I was home for a week and was watching her show. It was a slow day and the meal she made looked really tasty. I hop in the car and go to the grocery right after it was over. I'm sorting through produce and hear a voice behind me say, "I hate Rachel Ray." The guy on the other side starts to laugh. I glance both ways. The guy behind me was following his girlfriend who was picking up exactly what I was....and I was picking up exactly what the guy in front of me was getting. It was just a funny moment. The group ended up pushing our carts through the store together and the butcher was giving the woman ahead of us the very same thing he was to give to each of us. :LOL: My one and only make what I see on TV moment.

I like Rachel. But, her type of cooking is too quick for me. I preferred her show where she traveled and ate on a budget for the day. That- was fun. She doesn't bake and to me- how can you be a cook and not bake?

The answer here is easy: I do not measure. I hate measuring. Therefore, when I bake, I risk epic failure on the outcome. Baking is more chemistry. It's unforgiving nature makes it unappealing and tedious to me. That being said, I'm a good cook. :) My younger sister is an amazing baker. She likes baking for the very reason I do not. She likes to measure precisely, etc. On the other hand, she is an average cook. She finds deciding what is for dinner and making it dull. If only we lived closer, our families would eat like royalty. :ROFLMAO:

You can tell I like her, I have most of the cookbooks and the magazines. I'm always doing my own riff on a recipe I see on TV. Have never run into someone else doing the same recipe as me, though!

I understand that some people dont care to bake or or not good at it. I guess it all cooking has been second nature to me. I love it all.
My friends say "I can't cook." And, I say "you don't want to."

You can tell I like her, I have most of the cookbooks and the magazines. I'm always doing my own riff on a recipe I see on TV. Have never run into someone else doing the same recipe as me, though!

It was the funniest thing. By the time we checked out, all of us were simply cracking up.

Do you remember what the dish was?

Not the specifics, but it was a veal-sage meatloaf with a gravy. It was served with mashed potatoes that had prosciutto. Greens were also on the menu. It smelled fabulous, but I discovered that I'm not a fan of sage in meatloaf. Definitely not Rachel's fault there.

The answer here is easy: I do not measure. I hate measuring. Therefore, when I bake, I risk epic failure on the outcome. Baking is more chemistry. It's unforgiving nature makes it unappealing and tedious to me. That being said, I'm a good cook. :)

Twins separated at birth. :LOL: Not to mention a few minutes can make the difference between burned or under baked cookies. Not so with meatloaf. ;)

Rachel will never be liked by all, but when all is said and done she has awakened many people to the fact that good home cooking doesn't have to be such a big deal. She's the first to say that she isn't a Chef, but boy howdy has that girl made more money than any non TV Chef out there!

LOL--this is great, didn't know it was bash Rachael Ray week!
And I sure hope somebody is gonna tell all those celeb chefs who leave baking to pastry chefs that they they'd better learn how to ASAP, or they're gonna be demoted to sub-celeb B-listers.
Also kinda wonder if most of us, of course taking into account Ms. Ray's flaws and ineptitudes, wouldn't mind earning what she does annually.

Rachel certainly has made the money. That's great, considering her humble beginnings. I know that she does work very hard. (Therefore, deserving the money) But, there are alot of celebrities, ball players, etc. who make alot of money and I would not call them deserving of it at all. Yet, the masses worship them. Go figure...I give Rachel credit for not being like them whether she bakes or not.

Rachel certainly has made the money. That's great, considering her humble beginnings. I know that she does work very hard. (Therefore, deserving the money) But, there are alot of celebrities, ball players, etc. who make alot of money and I would not call them deserving of it at all. Yet, the masses worship them. Go figure...I give Rachel credit for not being like them whether she bakes or not.

Any celebrity, whether from sports, entertainment, etc. makes a lot of money because that person makes money for others. Rachel Ray is rich because she made others lots of money. Same for all celebrities. I have no doubt, there are lots of folks who don't consider RR deserving of all the money and attention she gets over other celebrities.

Twins separated at birth. :LOL: Not to mention a few minutes can make the difference between burned or under baked cookies. Not so with meatloaf. ;)

Rachel will never be liked by all, but when all is said and done she has awakened many people to the fact that good home cooking doesn't have to be such a big deal. She's the first to say that she isn't a Chef, but boy howdy has that girl made more money than any non TV Chef out there!

Plus, with meatloaf, there are ways to cover up sins. Like...ketchup.

Twins separated at birth. I'm cool with that. ;)

Triplets.

I gave up when I could not make decent cookies, most of the time. Not even close. ]

My southern based cooking says substitlute, change ingredients around. I don't want to change.:whistling

Also, because I live alone, I'm just not into cleaning the low grouted tile floor.

Baking mix, I can do without a major cleaning job.:angel:

Last edited:
Craig- you are so right about term limits on shows. It's funny how some people are so touchy about Rachel Ray. I don't get it. There are so many others on food tv that are so watchable and more talented at food.

Craig- you are so right about term limits on shows. It's funny how some people are so touchy about Rachel Ray. I don't get it. There are so many others on food tv that are so watchable and more talented at food.

It's what's on, but I watch her take out ingredients and decide what to watch. I find myself watching sometimes.

I like that she can give u easy recipes that may not take ad long. With 3 kids I try to find good meals but not take ad long.

Back
Top Bottom