"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #31
Master Chef

i didn't i hate on sandra- i watch her show. i said she's not le corden bleu trained. dot-dot-dot

Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
i didn't i hate on sandra- i watch her show. i said she's not le corden bleu trained. dot-dot-dot
And you know her life? You've been there for all her accomplishments? You've shadowed her throughout her life? You are her shadow...

You don't know her actual accomplishments, just what might or might not be on the internet that you found.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #33
Master Chef

oh, callisto, i am not here to argue.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Then stop saying hateful things about Sandra, please. She's gone through things very few can understand. There are a very limited group of people here who can understand going to bed hungry, Sandra can understand that. It's a fear I fall asleep with every night. Sandra overcame that dispare, I praise her. She's to be admired, not cut down at every turn.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #35
Master Chef

just like you doubt my knowledge of her edu., how can yoou give me knowledge of her life?

now i'm dropping said subject, it's gotten silly to bicker about one neither of us know in person.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #36
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW View Post
Sandra has her niche - a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef who has returned to her impoverished roots to try to make less than gourmet ingredients taste better, and to help cooks with few skills prepare something good tasting to put on the table. She is also very active in charity work getting food to the hungry. Cut her some slack!

The table-scape thing ... well, yeah - but my Mom would have loved some of those ideas back when I was a kid and she found herself forced into the "Officers Wives Club". Mom was a Texas girl - comfortable in boots, jeans and sitting on a horse or a tractor (or running around barefoot) - not doing military protocol or Southern hospitality dinners!

Go to your local food bank and look at what they hand out. Then come back and criticize Sandra for trying to take those ingredients and make them taste better. How would you use those same indredients and do it totally "from scratch"?

She is not my favorite TV chef - but I just hate to see a good person getting trashed for trying to make a positive contribution.
Baloney! She's out to make a buck and merely found a niche to sell her wares. Her 70% reliance on packaged products is neither nutritionally sound nor economical. If you want to help someone who is struggling to make ends meet but still wants to prepare nutritious, delicious meals for their family, give them a copy of The Settlement Cookbook, the first edition of which was written for poor immigrants more than 100 years ago; more than 2 million copies of the 40 editions of this treasure have been sold since.

Worse, most of Ms. Lee's recipes are terrible, despite her brief tutelage at Le Cordon Bleu. They're an insult to poor people, just as her "Kwanzaa Cake" was an insult to African Americans. This site says it all: CLICK ME

Hell is paved with good intentions. -- Samuel Johnson
Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #37
Everymom

I'm closing this thread down.

The point of having this section is to discuss the chefs not to get into fights about them.

Closed Thread