Secrets of a Restaurant Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sir_Loin_of_Beef

Chef Extraordinaire
I saw this show yesterday for the first time ever, and my immediate reaction was, "Why is Guy Fieri doing a cooking show in drag?"

img_1013573_0_a784e7294468f2f8d2dcad58d2063160.jpg

Let's have some respect here guys. If you don't like her pass the show by, I find her funny and she has tought me a lot.
kadesma;)

Let's have some respect here guys. If you don't like her pass the show by, I find her funny and she has tought me a lot.
kadesma;)

I agree, although have to admit I do sometimes get a bit annoyed by her over-exaggerated gestures and she is showing more and more of an alarming tendency in starting to spout Rachel Ray'isms like EVOO. But she appears to be an excellent chef and a very good teacher. And she "worked her way up" in the Food Network, just look how long she was one of Mario Batali's helper chefs on Iron Chef. At least she's got real cooking cred whereas some of the latest batch are pretty and all fluff or are, as best I can see, put on the FN for politically correct variety.

I agree, although have to admit I do sometimes get a bit annoyed by her over-exaggerated gestures and she is showing more and more of an alarming tendency in starting to spout Rachel Ray'isms like EVOO. But she appears to be an excellent chef and a very good teacher. And she "worked her way up" in the Food Network, just look how long she was one of Mario Batali's helper chefs on Iron Chef. At least she's got real cooking cred whereas some of the latest batch are pretty and all fluff or are, as best I can see, put on the FN for politically correct variety.
She can be annoying but most of the time I learn from her.I wish I were able to tell her to cut out thcutsies shes getting from
rr. I also like RR most of the time If they have something I can use and learn from I will keep chcking on thrm.
kades

I have not seen Restaurant Chef as I don't believe it is in Canada yet. What I mostly know of Anne Burrell (I think this is the first time "her" name has been even used here) was as Mario Batali's more than competent sous chef on Iron Chef America. I also saw her um, Anne, on Chopped All Stars and she made it to the final four (three I think actually).

Anne is brash and cocky but those terms would be utterly mild when used to describe Gordon Ramsey and yet most people put his personality aside and can't say enough about his cooking and reputation as a restaurateur. So, if you don't like how she looks or talks or whatever, don't watch her but at least admit that the lady has talent.

Back
Top Bottom