"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Actually, he's my dad.
You're so funny Andy...

Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
...Rachel Ray just showed her obnoxiously overly-perky face...So why the h*ll is Rachel Ray now on in one of her stupid travelogues?? I can catch that garbage on Food Network about 30 times a day - lol!
I don't get it. Why is everyone here in the DC Forum so down on Rachael Ray? Maybe I haven't watched her as much to get tired of her but even so, I look at it this way...she's taking her "obnoxiously overly-perky face" all the way to the bank. She's younger, prettier, and richer than me so I'll gladly refrain from judgement.

Although, when I was her age, I was prettier
...just ask my kids lol

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
I don't get it. Why is everyone here in the DC Forum so down on Rachael Ray? Maybe I haven't watched her as much to get tired of her but even so, I look at it this way...she's taking her "obnoxiously overly-perky face" all the way to the bank. She's younger, prettier, and richer than me so I'll gladly refrain from judgement.

Although, when I was her age, I was prettier
...just ask my kids lol

I enjoy watching her. I get many ideas from her. As i said before it's her voice, I want to keep clesring my throat. She seem s to be a lot of fun has a good personality likes what she does. I really don't get why people don't lik her.
kades
Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
Master Chef

I only WISH I looked like Glenn Close at this stage of my (& her) life - lol!!!

As for Rachel, Molly, it has absolutely zero to do with her success. All the more power to her. And I also own & enjoy several of her cookbooks. I just can't stand the woman's on-screen personality & the outrageous overexposure of same on the Food Network. Not counting her variety talk show on another network, the woman has, like what - 4-5 different shows? Thirty-minute meals was fun when that was it, but the others are just overkill. There are only so many "yummos", "sammies", & other baby talk from a 30-something woman I can stand. Food Network infiltrating her (& Giada & Emeril) onto their new network is a slap in the face. And a dumb move on their part.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #25
Master Chef

Rachel needed Colonel Tom Parker, but it's too late for both of them now.

She's been way overexposed, and besides, her baby talk is just down right annoying now. Kudo's to her for making a TON of money though........not many cooks without formal education can ever hope to compare with her success. I think it's called a "winning personality".
Doesn't mean that anyone is forced to watch her shows.......simple.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #26
Certified Pretend Chef

The beauty of this new cooking channel is, if you don't like a particular show, you can choose to not watch it.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #27
Master Chef

Is there an echo in here?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #28
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Is there an echo in here?
Maybeeee...beeee...beee...bee...be...b...
Actually, you two posted at the same time....that's why...it's happened to me before too

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #29
Master Chef

And those echos do get tiring - lol!! Of course I realize that I can choose not to watch the shows I don't like, & I take full advantage of that option. That doesn't mean I still can't have an opinion re: the overexposure of certain network "talents". A network should be paying attention when large numbers of consumers change the channel because large blocks of time are monopolized by the same dreary people & shows 24/7.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #30
Flour Child

That makes perfect sense, breezy...but are you sure the Cooking Channel "network isn't paying attention"? And are you sure "a large number of consumers are changing the channel"? Remember, we aren't talking about just the DC Forum members...there's a vast public out there who are just turning it on for the first time.