The Cooking Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say the majority of the shows right now are reruns from Food Network and other places and countries. I'm sure they weren't going to make a whole bunch of new 1st run shows this early in the game, so they are running bought shows and filler. I'm okay with that for now but if 6-9 months they are still running cross-over shows, then I'll start getting a wee bit upset.

One show I hope they resurrect is Taste with David Rosengarten. I loved that show and it taught me a lot.

Oh puhleeze - NO!!! The last thing we need is for The Cooking Channel to morph into a twin with Food Network's idiotic back-to-back reality shows & contests. If you want "Ready, Set, Cook" back - hope that Food Network brings it back to it's original home. Please leave the rest of us free of that sort of spawn on this new channel.

I enjoy watching her. I get many ideas from her. As i said before it's her voice, I want to keep clesring my throat. She seem s to be a lot of fun has a good personality likes what she does. I really don't get why people don't lik her.
kades

Jealous:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link Dave! Here I get The Washington Post delivered home & I missed that article last week entirely!

I pretty much agree with what the reviewer said - pretty spot on, especially about the repetitive shows & sponsors. Like I said, I've pretty much stopped watching since I've already seen - sometimes a couple of times - everything they're showing.

of coarse laura Calder -FRENCH COOKING AT HOME-would do north african style dishes ,france has taken on alot of cuisine from its former colonies and empire , not to mention the mediterainian departments of southern France. (louisianna-part of usa ? ) -algeria -french indochina ,Tahiti , just google" french empire "if you didn't do well in social studies/ history. I like her show ,but alot of shows on food channel leave me apalled ,guys big bite--!!? I find most of the shows on food network are pap and wonder who they appeal to . I'm in canada so my food network is similar to but not identical to yours ,perhaps. I get FOODNETWORK.CA not .com
The food shows that I do like mostly appear on PBS channels of which I receive three- jacques pepin -old jacques and julia shows- cook's country and americas test kitchen come to mind.
regards Gage

Has anyone noticed you can't rate or review the recipes on their website? That bothers me...I hate investing the time and money into a recipe when I have no idea if it's even decent or not..

Back
Top Bottom