The Taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So how is everyone liking it so far?
I found last night's show to be a bit confusing
during the cook-off part of the show.
Gotta hand it to Bourdain, he did manage a complete
team of cuties! ;)

So how is everyone liking it so far?
I found last night's show to be a bit confusing
during the cook-off part of the show.
Gotta hand it to Bourdain, he did manage a complete
team of cuties! ;)
I like it so far. I just now saw this week's show on Hulu. I really hope foul-mouthed, arrogant Diane goes home soon.

I like it so far. I just now saw this week's show on Hulu. I really hope foul-mouthed, arrogant Diane goes home soon.

i hear what you're saying, barbara. but for some reason these shows, (like hell's kitchen) love their rude, obnoxious contestants. they tend to keep them around for as long as possible--long after the rest of the contenders and the majority of the audience have been nonstop clamoring for them to be kicked to the curb. the dianes of these shows never win, but they outstay their welcome-- incredibly, week after maddening week....:wacko:

i hear what you're saying, barbara. but for some reason these shows, (like hell's kitchen) love their rude, obnoxious contestants. they tend to keep them around for as long as possible--long after the rest of the contenders and the majority of the audience have been nonstop clamoring for them to be kicked to the curb. the dianes of these shows never win, but they outstay their welcome-- incredibly, week after maddening week....:wacko:
Yes, that is definitely true! Who could ever forget the super obnoxious "Johnny Fairplay" or Russell from Survivor, and irritating contestants on other shows? They make for good TV, but I'm always happy to see them go!

Yes, that is definitely true! Who could ever forget the super obnoxious "Johnny Fairplay" or Russell from Survivor, and irritating contestants on other shows? They make for good TV, but I'm always happy to see them go!

Sooooo true !! They have to make us hate them so we can love it when they go LOL

We finally got to watch this week's episode.

I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. I will keep tuning in, but there are some things that I am not fond of.

In the team challenge Nigella coached Lauren to add chicken skin and I think blood sausage? to her dish and that is what gave her the win. Then Lauren had immunity and floundered on her own. At the same time, Malarkey coached Micah to change his dish from tomato jam to tomato soup and then when they were picking said that it was mediocre. That seemed to knock Micah off his game and he was ousted. Is this to say they would be better off without the coaching? I'm not sure.

As for the personalities, I think others have already said what I could on the subject. These are reality shows, but the contestants are referred to as "casts" and that is exactly what they are. They are picked for their personalities as much as anything.

another tuesday night, another taste. what's this? bourdain is turning into a big sentimental softy?! he was practically in tears, having to turn away one member of his kitchen team tonight. and they're only halfway through....

whoa! the taste has taken an interesting turn. everybody's cooking with offal tonight! this definitely has some intriguing possibilities...for me it does, anyway....:)

The finale was great. I was so glad to see the first elimination narrowing it down to only 3. I think the winner deserved the win. I hope they do another season of this show.

i agree that khristianne deserved the win, but i'm not planning on tuning in for the taste's next season. i think i've finally had it with hell's kitchen, too.

Gordon Ramsey is insufferable. It didn't take long at all for me to tire of his infantile rants.

Try Dinner Impossible...

Dinner: Impossible : Robert Irvine : Food Network

And Restaurant Impossible...

Restaurant: Impossible : Robert Irvine : Food Network

Agreed .. can't stand that man. There is no reason for what he does.

The impossible programs are pretty good.

Right now I am loving Worst Cooks In America. I love watching some of those people transform.

I also enjoy watching Bobby Flay come around to being more likeable.

The finale was awesome!! Gordon leaves something to be desired though:rolleyes:

Gordon isn't on the Taste! :)

I am pretty happy the way it turned out. I think the best chef/cook one by far, and I think the elimination round was correct as well.

All in all, it was a good show, but I am not betting that it will be back next year!

Back
Top Bottom