Top Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last weeks episode pretty much showed that Kevin did lack knowledge of cooking techniques.

I cannot imagine what you are talking about! Kevin does not "do" Molecular gastronomy, but he is lacking knowledge of nothing when it comes to cooking techniques -- else he wouldn't now be a semifinalist to represent the US in the International Bocure d'Or competition!

They're ok but I liked a program starring Gordon Ramsey. It was not on the Food Channel

Then you should talk about Gordon Ramsey on a thread (there are several here) dedicated to him. This thread is about Top Chef! :ermm:

Kitchen Nightmares was a fun show to watch. It really did not matter where it was located economy wise. Most of the restaurants had the sames things in common. The first impression Gordon usually got came when he asked the server if the items on the menu were fresh. About 95% of the time server said everything was. Once he received his food and tasted it, he asked again and the server would tell the truth and say something like " they come in frozen, but the Chef thaws it out and cooks it fresh". Just about that time Gordon starts to gag and well... the fun begins.

Well, I was disappointed that Michael won the Top Chef. I really thought Kevin had it in the bag. I'm not a chef, I'm just an old accomplished cook that has been cooking from scratch for 30 years. What these chefs do on the show is so far beyond my ability, but even a "cook" can see who is and is not talented. Obviously Michael and Bryan also had the "stuff", but I never thought it would be anyone by Kevin. I'm so disappointed for him.

It became known in the time during the 2-part finale that Kevin and his wife had split up during the time between taping the show and the finale. There's much conjecture that that had a large part to do with why he was off his game. Too bad. But he did win Fan Favorite, and, as he said during the reunion show, $45 THOUSAND dollars for winning several high stakes quickfires. As well, he won the right to try out to represent the US next year in the International Bocuse d'Or championships in Lyon, France. He has gone on to qualify for the semi-finals for that, since Top Chef finished taping. So he is a big winner, without the Top Chef crown. :chef:

I agree totally with June. Having been in cooking competition, it is very stressful and anything can set you off your game. I think a divorce would be way up there.

Kevin in many ways won much more than he would have if he had just won the Top Chef Title. Yes, I was cheering for him too, but he did very well for himself.

That's too bad about Kevin.

I definitely noticed that he seemed off. I wondered if he was uncharacteristically nervous ... but Iguess he was sad. :(

Back
Top Bottom