"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I don't know about the rest of you, but I guess watching the very civil (and in my estimation more entertainint) Top Chef Masters dulled my senses and my memory to how raw the "regular" Top Chef can get.

I'm not nearly as into it this season, probably due to the cast of characters. I'd much rather go see "Julie and Julia" again, or put in my dvd of Ratatouille!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I guess watching the very civil (and in my estimation more entertainint) Top Chef Masters dulled my senses and my memory to how raw the "regular" Top Chef can get.

I'm not nearly as into it this season, probably due to the cast of characters. I'd much rather go see "Julie and Julia" again, or put in my dvd of Ratatouille!
Top Chef Masters was truly a delight, but the prior seasons of Top Chef were not like this one. I'm afraid they're trying to woo a different demographic.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
...in my dvd of Ratatouille!
That was the best cooking movie ever. And I obviously agree with you, once again.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #14
Cook

Quote:

I agree with you, I adored TCM. However that said, I still am watching Sin City, hoping it will improve with time. My money is on Hector Santiago at this point.
Savory Tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Did anyone watch last night? Or does everyone tape it to watch later?

I'd hate to spoil it for you, but it was a great episode, and the guest judge was Daniel Boulud. The chefs cooked in Joel Robuchon's restaurant in Las Vegas.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savory Tv View Post
I agree with you, I adored TCM. However that said, I still am watching Sin City, hoping it will improve with time. My money is on Hector Santiago at this point.
So much for that prediction. My money is on either of the brothers, they've won just about everything so far.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
So much for that prediction. My money is on either of the brothers, they've won just about everything so far.
My short list would also include Kevin and Jennifer.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #18
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
I was sad to see Hector go, but I did respect his exit interview, and hope that he has a bright future.

Have you seen this? Jack Nicholson drops into the (Philadelphia) Ritz Carlton to watch Top Chef with Jennifer Carol: Jack Nicholson Transfers Lakers Fandom To Jen From <i>Top Chef</i> | Best Week Ever

Savory Tv is offline   Reply With Quote