"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to marcmanaois
Top Chef "Sin City"

Goodbye jen, failed to impress the judges with her chili rellenos. And congratulations to the chef's challenge winning recipe "Arctic Char with Salsa Verde Turnips"

marcmanaois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmanaois View Post
Goodbye jen, failed to impress the judges with her chili rellenos. And congratulations to the chef's challenge winning recipe "Arctic Char with Salsa Verde Turnips"
I kind of watched it (In between filming beef with broccoli). Sounds like her food was bland. But it does look like this season has some good chefs.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplantop View Post
I kind of watched it (In between filming beef with broccoli). Sounds like her food was bland. But it does look like this season has some good chefs.
Yup, most of them are young and having different culinary culture from other countries. The guy who fried the steak was really daring. I thought he could pull it off.. it seems not.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmanaois View Post
Yup, most of them are young and having different culinary culture from other countries. The guy who fried the steak was really daring. I thought he could pull it off.. it seems not.
Actually, most of the cheftestants in this session are older than those in seasons past, and more experienced.

I have to admit this is the only tv show I design my evening schedule around. Although I enjoyed Top Chef Masters much more.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
Actually, most of the cheftestants in this session are older than those in seasons past, and more experienced.

I have to admit this is the only tv show I design my evening schedule around. Although I enjoyed Top Chef Masters much more.
I will watch any cooking reality shows lol . All of them are recorded. God Bless DVR!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Master Chef

The TV is not the main attraction in my house. Since my younger kids are really not allowed to watch much TV all together, so do I have to find what to do with their free time. But Top chef is one of few things that they are allowed to watch. What a surprise was it for me when I did not have a chance to push the mute button and head to explain to my 7 year old what a gay person is. Is Bravo TV a stage to promote alternative life style? Did they have to put on all the remarks about gays on? Do I have to explain to a 7 year old? What is an appropriate age, how do you explain? Really made me mad. It seems that this season the Bravo picked a bad a s s crew to cook and fight/compete. With all the tattoos and body piercing on the screen my kids are not going to be watching this season.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
Sous Chef

The one girl sure had an axe to grind, and Bravo was complicit for airing it. There's also a lot more melodrama than prior seasons.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Billdolfski Send a message via AIM to Billdolfski Send a message via MSN to Billdolfski Send a message via Yahoo to Billdolfski
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
The TV is not the main attraction in my house. Since my younger kids are really not allowed to watch much TV all together, so do I have to find what to do with their free time. But Top chef is one of few things that they are allowed to watch. What a surprise was it for me when I did not have a chance to push the mute button and head to explain to my 7 year old what a gay person is. Is Bravo TV a stage to promote alternative life style? Did they have to put on all the remarks about gays on? Do I have to explain to a 7 year old? What is an appropriate age, how do you explain? Really made me mad. It seems that this season the Bravo picked a bad a s s crew to cook and fight/compete. With all the tattoos and body piercing on the screen my kids are not going to be watching this season.
Having to explain adult sexuality to a child, I can understand. Sheltering them from tattoos and body piercings? Lol, you've got your work cut out for you.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Don't forget the ads that ran during every commercial where the lady was screaming about "crack whores".
Old 08-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
Master Chef

Comercials are easy, sound is off during that time. Tatooes are not as easy o shelter from you are corect, but 5, 7 and 8 years old do not really need to see them eiher in the cooking show. It seems to me that that was pe-requairment to be part of this group.