Twinkies (demise) Reborn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could put a Twinkie in a time capsule for a billion years and it will be the same as the day it went in!:ohmy: Al's desendants would have the same taste experience as Al did in "Die Hard" a billion years earlier!:rolleyes:

I won't miss any of them--can't remember if I've ever eaten a Hostess product...I might have eaten a Twinkie on a Girl Scout camping trip when I was 13 or 14. That was a loooooong time ago. Or maybe that was the Twinkie we put in a time capsule...I seem to recall riding on a school bus, wearing green, passing Stillwater prison, and something about a Twinkie and singing campfire songs and acting out "granny swinging on the outhouse door" ...

Last edited:
Do you have Wonder bread in Canada? :angel:
I believe so--I don't eat it...I rarely eat bread and most of the time, I only eat bread that I bake...or, when I go to Danish Club luncheon:)--it is wonderful bread used for the open-faced sandwiches, but it is not Wonder bread. My mom never bought Wonder bread. She bought our bread at the bakery and had it sliced there.

I believe so--I don't eat it...I rarely eat bread and most of the time, I only eat bread that I bake...or, when I go to Danish Club luncheon:)--it is wonderful bread used for the open-faced sandwiches, but it is not Wonder bread. My mom never bought Wonder bread. She bought our bread at the bakery and had it sliced there.

I very rarely eat bread. Maybe about five times a year. When I get a hankering for French Toast. Then I buy a small loaf of Wonder bread. I use two slices, maybe three and the rest go into my breadcrumb holder in the freezer. If I want to make a sandwich, I will buy Swedish Rye or Whole Wheat. My bread eating has to have some flavor. And white bread doesn't have it for me. :angel:

I have 14 Ding Dongs...errr, 12 Ding Dongs that I bought last week. Told Shrek they had to last when I got them...now they really have to last.

From everything I have read, Hostess filed bankruptcy for the second time, but they have enough stock to last awhile. I read this evening that a few companies will likely be buying them out and that the Twinkie will be around for a long time. Does anyone remember the original flavor of Twinkies? If you said "Banana" you were right. :cool:

Banana flavor is what I remember, obviously I haven't had a Twinkie in a looooong time.

Katie H said:
I rarely, if ever, eat any of their products, but occasionally a pink snowball really, really hits the spot.

Now the comedians won't have anything to slam when it comes to shelf life of food. No more Twinkies to trash!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good point!!! The twinkles will last forever with all of the preservatives. We will always have them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom