"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

What cooking/foodie shows make you get up and cook or go eat?

along the lines of recent discussions of our favourite cooking shows, those that inspire us, and those we dislike, what shows on tv having to do with cooking and/or food make you want to get up and either start cooking, or just go and eat?

lately, i've been watching gordon ramsay's "f word" when i get up in the afternoon, and i've noticed that i get inspired to go into the kitchen to start dinner when it's over. i like the simplicity of the dishes he shows you how to make, so it makes me want to search the fridge and cupboard to make similar things.

as far as just eating goes, "diners, drive-ins, and dives", and "man vs. food" often make me want to run out and get piles of wings, or massive heart attack burgers, or piles of hot open faced turkey with gravy platters when i watch them. sometimes even after i've just finished dinner.

what cooking or food shows get you out of your seat to get cooking or pigging out?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Head Chef

Diners, drive in, and dives most definetly. Sometime those foods look so good I get upset cause I can't have any... And also The Best Thing I Ever Ate, some of that makes me want to go eat!

Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Triple D makes me insanely hungry, even if I've eaten. I always wish the diners were around me so I could go pick up something to eat. What I get to eat is usually very different.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Sous Chef

D D D is my fav show on the FN I have loved Guy since he won The Next Food Network Star. I don't care for his weekend show tho but all the rest is okie dokie to me.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
Executive Chef

jaques pepin. sometimes. what really gets my juices flowing though, are the downloaded food pics of some of our own: msmofet, bolas, pac, luca, timothy, tattrat, and many others. the visual has a most powerful appeal for me....
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta
jaques pepin. sometimes. what really gets my juices flowing though, are the downloaded food pics of some of our own: msmofet, bolas, pac, luca, timothy, tattrat, and many others. the visual has a most powerful appeal for me....
Ditto.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or ...Best Best Thing I Ever Ate make me want to eat.

Brunch with Bobby Flay and Guys Big Bite make me want to cook.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Top Chef makes my imagination go wild.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I have to say, BT, most of the shows make me just wanna turn the TV off, and get away from celeb cooking, lol.

I do have a thing for F word though, love the show. Tony Bourdain does it for me too, and he and I would eat together pretty well. He makes me WANT to eat, but unfortunately eat what HE is eating, and I just can't afford the travel tab he must have.

I have taken a shine to the "Best things. . ." series too, but once again, it makes me hungry for what I see them eating.

Americas Test Kitchen will get me up to cook. I guess because it comes on here on Sundays, around late lunch time, and some of their episodes I need to get away from, so making lunch just makes sense, lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Top Chef makes me want to go cook, but Triple D makes me want to pig out. Sometimes I catch the marathons and I'm always salivating by the TV.

Tags
cook