"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 AM   #131
Assistant Cook

Really loving all the replies in this thread , great information, thanks everyone :)

Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #132
Senior Cook

I'll vote for Jacques Pepin and perhaps Lydia and Ina Garten - they really seem to know
what it's all about

Old 01-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #133
Cook

My vote in for Ina,she does really down to earth recipes so so she can sit doen and enjoy her guests.Fussy over the top cooks make me want to scream.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #134
Master Chef

While I like many of Ina Garten's recipes, her television show & personality trigger my gag reflex. WAY over the top PHONY. All those dinner parties - especially the "surprise" ones - make me nuts. She's no actor, & neither are her vendors or guests. I wish she'd just stick to cooking & cut all that garbage out.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #135
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
While I like many of Ina Garten's recipes, her television show & personality trigger my gag reflex. WAY over the top PHONY. All those dinner parties - especially the "surprise" ones - make me nuts. She's no actor, & neither are her vendors or guests. I wish she'd just stick to cooking & cut all that garbage out.
that is how i feel about here exactly. do use the "really good chocolate" and do use "the good olive oil" tried to get one of recipes from a show about two weeks ago. printer not working. it would not e mail to me. guess i am not
"the real good person, that deserves to have it" lol
Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #136
Cook

Quote:
Now I'm in agreement with ya there,she is a little too waspy for my taste but as far as her dishes go,she's my favorite.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #137
Cook

I love love love Guy Fieri's personality, would love to meet and eat with him someday. But Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto's dishes look amazinggggg!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #138
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Odd you said that... in person, she is genuine and friendly. As for the format of her show, she is not in control of that. It's the producers!

Who said that nice Jewish girl is "waspy?"
Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #139
Master Chef

I'm sure she is very nice in person. I just can't stand any of the shows that have "fake" friends, "fake" surprise parties, "fake" vendor visits, etc., etc. It's so "drecky", as my mom would say - lol! I'm sure lots of folks like the show, & I certainly don't mean this as a reflection on them. It's just not my taste at all & so many of the shows have that format now. You'd think with Ina's popularity, she would have some say in her program setup.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #140
Senior Cook

In the subject at hand - for the current television chef, I would have to say Emeril. He's knowledgable, entertaining and I've not made a recipe of his yet that hasn't been absolutely foolproof and delicious :o)