Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this fuss came about because there is a lawsuit filed against her for hostile working conditions and sexual harassment filed by employees in the restaurant that she and her brother Bubba own jointly. According to the complaint, the remarks regarding blacks were a normal part of her daily conversations.

FN had put a hold on her filming new shows since the debacle of the diabetes came out and made news. She withheld the information regarding her being diagnosed with diabetes for two years so she could sing a lucrative contract with the pharmaceutical company that was putting a new drug on the market. She was to be their spokesperson. During those two years she was still pushing those recipes and foods that would be devastating for diabetics to eat. It wasn't until after the news was made public that she was a diabetic did she start creating healthy recipes. Too little too late. And now this scandal on top of that. FN has to protect their brand. The fact that her contract was cancelled just two weeks before it expired tells me that they were not going to renew it anyway. Contract negotiations usually start months before the present one is due to expire. Not after.

This is how I feel...

She acted inappropriatly at some events. She should have had better sense then to speak her mind about things that may be considered racist.
She's in the public eye, she's lied several times. She said things in front of people and didn't think it would get out???

I loved her.... but now.... I just feel sorry for her. She'll be alright. She has her money and her supporters. But I'll pray for her and not judge her cause I'm not perfect myself. But as far as FN work letting her go..... Sometimes we have to face the consequences of our actions, whether we agree with them or not.

To put it simply. She is a racist of great proportions. She is an anachronism that needs to be condemned not celebrated. It wasn;t just the use of the N word it was how she would have liked to see black men in tuxedos serving food "like in the old plantation days." And goes on from there.

Please spare me the sorry stories about being chased by black folk. If you are not black and don;t live in the south you have little to go on. You don;t know what iti to have be harassed and have relatives killed or hung, or have the KKK put a burning cross in your lawn. Save it please.

The prejudice is patent, hard nosed and still there today. There is a reason why they wrote these states into the civil rights act and it is for discrimination and to try to prevent black folks from voting.

Finally Paula Deen deserves what she got and more. Her style of cooking was based on two principles, butter and sugar. Her technique, fry the heck out of everything as possible. Neither lends to subtlety or refined cooking nor that anyone put any thought on how to make a real meal.

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I am surprised that it took so long for this subject to come to the fore here on DC. Paula never got the message about healthy eating. Or if she did she chose to ignore it. That $16 Mil a year was bigger than her brain. Then for two years she hid the fact that she had diabetes. I know, she doesn't have to reveal her medical conditions or history. But she lied to the public through her continuing to cook in an unhealthy manner. It was a "public be damned" attitude that started her downfall. As the saying goes, she got "too big for her britches." And she treated everyone who worked for her in the same manner as she did the public. It was when one of her employees came forth and brought the real Paula Deen to light that finished the job of her downfall. She even hung her husband out to dry by trying to blame him for her use of the "N" word. Did any of you read her whole deposition? Quite revealing. She defended Bubba to her last breath, and blamed everyone else. She refused to listen to her lawyer and hung herself out to dry. After all she was Paula Deen and everyone loved her. What did her lawyer know. He couldn't shut her up during that deposition.

Paula Deen got her just desserts. Full of butter and sugar. :angel:

Is this a topic about racial prejudice or about healthy cooking?

If about racial prejudice I'll grant Ms. Deen credit that all the accusations were about events that occurred many years in the past. Is she to be condemned for life for events that took place a decade or so in the past? Maybe she realized her defective values and ethics and changed them.

Or is it about healthy cooking? For example, Paul Prudhomme. I've watched may of his TV programs, and he's a very congenial, pleasant, funny guy, but he is majorly fat. If he got fat by eating his own cooking then I consider that a major indictment against the recipes he promulgates.

So what is it about Deen? Is it that she was a racist a dozen years ago and may have realized the error of her ways, or is it that she uses too much butter and sugar in her recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom