"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #421
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I really like Gordon Ramsay!

Years ago I didn't watch him much as I had heard bad things about him, but he really is quite a nice and intelligent man
I have to agree Kylie. He could act a bit more human at times, but I do like him.

And farewell to Paula Deen .. she's history now. I won't miss her.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #422
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
I have to agree Kylie. He could act a bit more human at times, but I do like him.

Ditto here. My girlfriend in Atlanta called me tonight and she feels the same way. I have been ranting about her for two years. And she finally 'got it.' Paula grew up with her Aunty T. Well I was good friends with Trina. We talked so many times on the phone. And when I had my heart surgery, she sent me some lovely gifts. She told me more than once that Paula's "southern accent" was put on. She does have a southern accent, but it is a gentle one just like Trina's. And when Trina tried to call Paula to wish her a Happy Birthday, she wouldn't take the call. Fame and fortune went to her head.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #423
Executive Chef

Poor Paula! Now the Food Network will be doing the back peddle two step to disassociate themselves from her. I hope she gets the Jeff Smith treatment. So much for their genuine, down to earth hosts.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #424
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Poor Paula! Now the Food Network will be doing the back peddle two step to disassociate themselves from her. I hope she gets the Jeff Smith treatment. So much for their genuine, down to earth hosts.
Craig, did you notice once the truth came out about her lying about her diabetes, the FN had taken her off the air and only reruns were shown. She didn't come forward about her developing diabetes until she had signed a lucrative contract for being the spokesperson for the pharmaceutical company for the new drug for diabetes.

There is always someone in the background that knows the truth and will sell it for a price.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #425
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

I never liked Paula Deen but what the food network has done is reprehensible.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #426
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post

I never liked Paula Deen but what the food network has done is reprehensible.
I agree. And I didn't mind Paula, she showed that a single mom starting with almost nothing could become a successful entrepreneur.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #427
Assistant Cook

I am on the fence about this whole drama that has erupted on national television. We all know that the media sells…..and people love a good story even if it is blown out of proportion. And now with social media…it is 100 times worse.
I don’t condone what she has said….but it sounds as if these things were said a LONG time ago even before she was famous.….regardless…. it was wrong of her. I try and treat everyone equally regardless of religion, color, and/or sexual orientation however everyone makes mistakes……you forgive and you move on.
I’ll bet each and every one of us has said unkind things in the past that we regret saying or doing. We are human… lets not forget that.

I’m not saying I don’t believe that she said the things she said…..I just think the media and Food Network has blown it way out of proportion and were looking for a way to get rid of her and this just fell into their laps.
Even though I don’t watch her show ….primarily because her recipes are fattening and I try to eat healthy but some of the comments I have seen on Facebook and other media people are being really cruel to her. She is being crucified and I think it is uncalled for. I find it very hard to believe she is as bad a person as she is being made out to be. JMHO

Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #428
Sous Chef

Jamie Oliver is MY Boy! He makes REAL food instead of 'Cheffie' food. If I want that then I'll go out to eat

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
Old 06-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #429
Wine Guy

I'm not a Paula Deen fan by any means, but I think there's more to the story than what we are seeing on the news right now. I wouldn't be surprised if a video or audio tape surfaces in the coming days. I'm reserving judgment until more of the facts are out in the open.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #430
Master Chef

I guess I'm the only one around who's feeling sorry for Paula at this point. Most of us have said things we regret saying and this looks like a feeding frenzy to me right now. Sheesh, she's practically begging for forgiveness which is sure more than we've seen from other public figures who have said much worse and kept their jobs without a problem. I think she deserves a break, but that's just me.

Closed Thread