Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HANDS DOWN.....the best chef...absolutly has to be alton brown. hes just that good that he may be one of the reasons why i wanted to become a chef..his amazing food know how could coat the pages of countless books and his abilities and knowledge really do show..he has all the perks and tips and strategies that even i use at work sometimes to impress my boss :ROFLMAO: AB is not only funny but imaginative and creative to the Nth degree!

This reminds me of the question, if you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be. LOL
For me:
Georges Auguste Escoffier, Jacques Pepin, Charlie Trotter, Antoine Careme, anywhere Tim and Nina Zagat like I might try, (lol) Gordon Ramsay, (a total of 16 Michelins can't be wrong) Justin Wilson, Paula Deen, Miss Julia, and Martin Yan. I'm sure there's others but I can't think of them. And I definitely would Not want to know it was them until after the meal was finished. It would color my perceptions of the meal.
I know, some of these aren't "media" chefs but, they are some of the greats.

I like Mario Batali. I look past the orange clogs, shorts, and Poppin' Fresh body, and I see a great chef. I think that he is highly knowledgeable of all the different dishes/regions of Italy. I also like Jacques Pepin and Ina, even though she can be a little snooty sometimes. And, I miss the Frugal Gourmet terribly. I taped his shows and have several of his cookbooks.

HANDS DOWN.....the best chef...absolutly has to be alton brown. hes just that good that he may be one of the reasons why i wanted to become a chef..his amazing food know how could coat the pages of countless books and his abilities and knowledge really do show..he has all the perks and tips and strategies that even i use at work sometimes to impress my boss :ROFLMAO: AB is not only funny but imaginative and creative to the Nth degree!

I suppose I shouldn't burst your bubble and tell you that AB was an out-of-work actor when he enrolled at NECI to gain the cooking skills that would allow him to go for a cooking show. He isn't and doesn't consider himself a chef. He is a very good actor/emcee, tho, and he employs (or TVFN does) a considerable staff who supplies him with all that information he so easily transmits as his own. By now, I imagine some of it has become his own... tho I'm always amazed by his frequent errors and mispronounciations on ICA.

He certainly has mesmerized a lot of TVFN fans.

Being from Canada, I'm for Roger Mooking. He hosts Every Day Exotic of Food Network Canada. He is down to earth, light in his presentation, knowledgeable and creative. He adds his Caribbean heritage to recipes that we have all used...and then some.
Not to mention that he is also a successful accomplished musician with Bass is Base. Even the theme song for the show is really good Umeus

I was looking at some old episodes of the oriiginal Japanese version of the Iron Chef, and I would have to say that Japanese Iron Chef Michiba, left me awestruck every time he competed. No matter what secret ingredient they threw at him, he rocked. What really impressed me about his skills was how he excelled at preparing dishes using ingredients that were foreign to the Japanese flavor profile. He was as good with Western ingedients as he was with Asian.

He was truly a Master Chef.

Chef Micheal Smith, from chef at home. I am surprised to not see him listed here, maybe hes only in Canada?

In a previous post (someone whom I shall not name) mentioned Justin Wilson. Arggg!!! He's NOT from Louisiana - He speaks with a phony accent, and has done more to ruin the public perception of cajun food than anyone!!! For my grandmother, english was a second language - cajun was her native tongue, and other relatives, many of whom never spoke much or any english, they could all agree on one fact, that Justin Wilson was an a** and knew nothing about cooking real cajun or creole style. The only thing he knew how to do was how add enough hot sauce to a dish to the point of making it too hot to eat - and that's NOT cajun!!!

I would have to say Jamie Oliver because not only would he be great to have a beer with in the kitchen but he makes everything look so simple and creates amazing dishes.

Chef Micheal Smith, from chef at home. I am surprised to not see him listed here, maybe hes only in Canada?

He's on TVFN. They keep moving him around, so I'm never really sure what time anymore.

I caught his show once. He's a very warm and friendly personality, and his earthy approach to food is compelling.

That's tough ... Mario Batali, Jacques Pepin, Gordon Ramsay are probably the highest on my list. Mario and Jacques for their knowledge, skill, and refined taste buds. Gordon because of his knowledge and business sense.

Okay, I'm new to the site. This thread makes me question as to whether I belong here or not.

As far as "chefs" go, I like Giada for her training and skills. But as for everyday cookin'...

[bowing my head in shame]

I like Rachel Ray! :ermm: She's a bit annoying, but her recipes are doable for a mom in the Midwest.

Ya'll pray for me!:ROFLMAO:

Okay, I'm new to the site. This thread makes me question as to whether I belong here or not.

As far as "chefs" go, I like Giada for her training and skills. But as for everyday cookin'...

I like Rachel Ray! :ermm: She's a bit annoying, but her recipes are doable for a mom in the Midwest.

I've already burned incense to Baccus in hopes of his delivering you from this affliction. :LOL:

Hey - welcome! And no need to "bow your head in shame". I have two of Ray's cookbooks & have yet to try a recipe that I didn't love. It's just her on-screen personality that I can't stand. Her recipes are great.

Yeah, I can't argue with Ray's abilities.

That voice, though, it's like nails on chalkboard. And the stupid "isms" - I can't decide what's worse - Rachel's "YUMMO" or Emeril's "BAM!"

That voice, though, it's like nails on chalkboard. And the stupid "isms" - I can't decide what's worse - Rachel's "YUMMO" or Emeril's "BAM!"

Oh its YUMMO for sure. I actually do not enjoy her food generally speaking .

Oh its YUMMO for sure. I actually do not enjoy her food generally speaking .

Well, I've looked at a few of her recipes here and there, and it's definitely solid, if unspectacular, stuff the home cook can make fast. When you're confined to 30 minutes (and you're not an Iron Chef with an unlimited budget for groceries and cooking equipment and dozens of years of expertise) there's a finite number of options for a speed meal, and she explores them reasonably well.

IDK, maybe it's a relativity thing - I hate her less than I hate Sandra Lee or Giada...

I can't stand Emeril's "BAM" and "Kick it up a notch". I know these made him popular, but I can't stand them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom