Bacon jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
A friend mentioned that she had had some bacon jerky and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, she never found it in a store again.

So, since we can use our toaster oven as a dehydrator, we would like to try making this. Stirling googled and found this video. What do people think? Suggestions, corrections, and tips from people with experience with making jerky, especially bacon jerky, would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YEbkfgWb-w

First... I have never made jerky.. That said, this seems like something I'd try..

Finished product doesn't look too much like "jerky" but, sure looks worth a try.. If it doesn't come put totally like jerky, hey... Its bacon and sriracha and honey.. win/win/win :yum:

Ross

I've never made bacon jerky, but I have made bacon candy. That video recipe looks pretty similar to bacon candy, but at a lower temperature (I do bacon candy at 350). I like maple syrup on mine, or a mix of maple syrup and brown sugar. I haven't tried any kind of hot sauce, but it actually sounds good -- I will try that in the future. Probably just a little hot sauce.

I do the same thing with pecans in the winter, around xmas.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom