Been Busy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doe in the kitchen

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone :) I'm still pretty new to this site but I wanted to share some good news. My husband and I successfully dehydrated 50 pounds of Carots and 50 pounds of potatoes. Thankfuly my husband was able to build a big enough dehydrator that we could do almost all 50 pounds at one time

That is really impressive!

What else do you dehydrate? I used to do fruit and herbs but haven't done anything for awhile.

Hello everyone :) I'm still pretty new to this site but I wanted to share some good news. My husband and I successfully dehydrated 50 pounds of Carots and 50 pounds of potatoes. Thankfuly my husband was able to build a big enough dehydrator that we could do almost all 50 pounds at one time

Whoa 50 Lbs!!!! Good job!

We need pics of your dehydrator and instructions on how you managed to do all that.

Munky

Wowsa !! Good job on the dehydrating of those vegies !!

Do you have any special things you do to the vegies? How long do you let them dry and at what temp?

I would love to do something like that !!

Lots more to get Dehydrated

We are planning on doing alot more both fruits and vegetables pretty much everything from Potatoes to peaches.With the carots and potatoes we sliced them with a Mandoline slicer the carots were peeled and washed then sliced at 1/4 inch thick then blanched until Al Dente. We removed them quickly and ran them under cold water to stop the cooking process.We then placed them on the dehydrator trays in single layer.It took a long time for the carots to get done they were on there an excess of 14hrs.With the potatoes the only things that we did differently was that we washed them and didn't peel them and that we used a different attatchment on the slicer to make them into hashbrown style potatoes.The potatoes took even longer then the carots.The temp was between 115*-130* for both it differs because the dehydrator is like 4ft tall and has 13 trays so it can take awhile for everything to get completly done. I'm hoping to be able to get pictures up soon it really is a GREAT Dehydrator.My husband worked so hard on it and it does a great job :)
I will do my best to keep you all up to date.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom