Dehydrating Liquid Heavy Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are 30 ml to 1 ounce...105 ml to 100grams, so you have 12.03 mg sugar to 105 ml of cream. This is naturally occurring sugar, sugar you do not notice since there is so little of it in a serving, yes...concentrating it by dehydration is going to raise the sugar level if you use the same measure.

There are 30 ml to 1 ounce...105 ml to 100grams, so you have 12.03 mg sugar to 105 ml of cream. This is naturally occurring sugar, sugar you do not notice since there is so little of it in a serving, yes...concentrating it by dehydration is going to raise the sugar level if you use the same measure.

Thanks Princess. Your earrings signature above is awesome! I can't compare dry with liquid myself because I don't know how much of one makes up an equal amount of the other. So to confirm, you're saying you feel that there is no added sugar to the Willpowder based on it's nutrition info when dry? Also, because of this, do you think that less creamer is needed to equal the liquid and get the same flavor? Thank you!

I will only admit to no added sugar...I've never used the product so I can't say how much is used to reconstitute it. As was stated before, sweet cream is cream, the name used to differentiate from sour cream. If the cream has added sugars, it would be called sweetened cream.

[FONT=&quot]Between these 2 powdered heavy creams that are suppose to be more natural than store bought, which do you think is better? They both have added ingredients and I wonder which are not as bad? Will Powder says now says they don't add sugar, yet theirs has more sugar than the other brand for the same serving size. The system says this is too long so I will split them up in 2 postings.

MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY ARTISTRE
Nutrition Info
Serving Size 100g
Calores 720.1
Calories from fat 642.6
Total Fat 71.4g
Saturate Fat 44.4 g
Monunsaturated Fat 20.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.7g
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 267.4mg
Sodium 153.6 mg
Potassium 1067.6mg
Total Carbohydrates 13.3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 8g
Protein 9.1g
INGREDIENTS: Cream (Milk), Soy Lechithin, Tocopherols, Contains less than 2% of each of the following processing aids: Silicon Dioxide (anti caking agent), Dipotassium Phosphate.

[/FONT]

WILL POWDER
Nutrition Info:
Calories (/100g) 720.0
Fat (g/100g) 71.0
Saturated Fat (g/100g) 44.0
Trans Fat (g/100g) 2.3
Monounsaturated Fat (g/100g) 18.0
Polyunsaturated Fat (g/100g) 2.3
Carbohydrate (g/100g) 12.1
Sugars (g/100g) 12.1
Fiber (g/100g) 0.0
Soluble Fiber (g/100g) 0.0
Insoluble Fiber (g/100g) 0.0
Protein (g/100g) 11.8
Cholesterol (mg/100g) 269.0
Sodium (mg/100g) 550.0
Calcium (mg/100g) 295.0
Vitamin A (I.U./100g) 2819.0
Vitamin C (mg/100g) 1.5
Iron (mg/100g) 0.15
INGREDIENTS: PASTEURIZED SWEET CREAM, SKIM MILK SOLIDS, SODIUM CASEINATE, SOY LECITHIN, AND BHT

IMO the difference is so slight that I would use the cheapest one.

From what I can see 100 grams of the powder is equivalent to approx. 14 tablespoons of liquid cream or slighly less than one cup. If you are using it to lighten coffee then it seems like you would be using such small amounts that it would not matter.

IMO the difference is so slight that I would use the cheapest one.

From what I can see 100 grams of the powder is equivalent to approx. 14 tablespoons of liquid cream or slighly less than one cup. If you are using it to lighten coffee then it seems like you would be using such small amounts that it would not matter.

I would use it for both coffee as well as recipes, but how can one be a third more fat for the same thing and same grams? Also not sure which additives are not as bad for both products.

The total fat in both products appears to be about the same.

WillPowder 71.0 g

Artistre 71.4g

As far as the additives I have no idea.

If you want a totally natural product then I think you should stick with fresh dairy products.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom