ISO Ronco dehydrator manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendyt112099

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone! I am a newbie to this forum. I just got a ronco food dehydrator from a friend, but she lost the manual. does anyone have a pdf copy they could send me? I would also love any recipes or ideas!!! thanks!

You are officially my best friend! Thanks so much! Will it work for all of them? Mine looks older. dark smoky plastic..... also, what's the best way to clean them? the bottom is pretty nasty!

Last edited:
nope. just says make sure you clean it. I put the trays in the dishwasher, but the bottom is the problem.

Wendy, check your email I sent you the pdf file as per your PM. As for cleaning, just wipe out the bottom with a damp dishcloth and dry. That's all I've ever had to do to clean mine. I probably have the same smoky brownish/gray one you have. Had it for about 12-14 years and love it.

My dehydrator has the motor, element, and fan on top in one removable piece. All of the racks get stacked under it. The bottom is a solid tray, but it comes with a removable plastic insert that you can take out and clean. It makes clean up a snap.

I’m guessing the Ronco version has the mechanics in the bottom? Does it not have a thin removable insert to catch drippings? What about making one yourself so that clean up is easier?

Last edited:
yeah I bet you are right katie. It has seven trays, abcd 1234 dial, a heating element, but no drip tray that can be removed. I haven't got that email. it will drip directly onto the elements, and the bottom has a dial that can be turned to adjust airflow, which looks like it will drip straight out. anymore suggestions or ideas or recipes would be great!

No,wendy, there is no "tray" to catch any drips. Yes, things can and do drip on the heating element. The dehydrator is pretty much bare bones. Very simple and easy to use.

Wow. Well, could you put aluminum foil over the elements. It shouldn't get hotter than 160F in the extreme, and typically around 130F. Wouldn't that work?

I don't understand the lid rotate thing in the manual. can anyone explain it? Or at least a quick start way to use it?

I still haven't got that email katie. I got a link from another member but I'd like to see another manual. especially if it's exactly for mine.

Wendy, the rotating section on the top regulates the air flow. In the full open position, more air flows through the trays. When I dry bread, I remove the "dial" completely to allow for as much air as possible in a quicker period of time. I'm not where the manual is right now so I don't remember what the instructions say, exactly, about that.

When I'm at my other computer tonight, about 10:30 p.m. central time, I'll email the pdf file again. It's exactly the same manual that came with my dehydrator.

Are you trying to use it right away and what are you wanting to dry?

I would like to use it soon, but not a tremendous hurry. I will have to wait until I have time to stay home and watch it. I have apples and bananas and pineapples (canned) I can dry. that would be awesome. The manual I have is for a air convection. by definition, what I have is a convection system, but they also list a fan with heater! Isn't that the same?......:ermm:

I would like to use it soon, but not a tremendous hurry. I will have to wait until I have time to stay home and watch it. I have apples and bananas and pineapples (canned) I can dry. that would be awesome. The manual I have is for a air convection. by definition, what I have is a convection system, but they also list a fan with heater! Isn't that the same?......:ermm:

No, wendy, it isn't the same. What you, we, have is strictly air convection. Our Ronco dehydrators do not have a fan, just the heating element. And, by the way, you don't really have to be at home to babysit the dehydrator.

how long and that air setting will most fruits take? can you use fresh sliced "deli" meats like roast beef?

I just ran across this post and was wondering if the manual for the Ronco dehydrator will wok for an Nevco dehydrator?

Need Ronco food dehydrator users manual

I received two of these little babies via my local Freecyclers lists and unfortunately there was not even 1 users manual...does anyone have a manual that they would be willing to share?
My husband and son are anxious for me to make some bison jerky but I need a manual in order to get this show on the road.
Anyone?
Thanks so much in advance,
Gamma Rori:cool:

I received two of these little babies via my local Freecyclers lists and unfortunately there was not even 1 users manual...does anyone have a manual that they would be willing to share?
My husband and son are anxious for me to make some bison jerky but I need a manual in order to get this show on the road.
Anyone?
Thanks so much in advance,
Gamma Rori:cool:

Hi, Gamma. Welcome to DC. You've come to the right place to get answers. I have the Ronco dehydrator manual in a pdf file. If you can wait until later tonight, I'll email it to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom