Another quick way to do chicken...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
My husband has always done a lot of our cooking since I've been stove up. Now that he's retired, he's doing even more. Usually I plan the menu, and he makes it happen, while I sit at the counter chopping, tasting, and supervising.

But now he's getting creative. Yesterday, when he did the marketing, he came home with some Prego spaghetti sauce that he said was for the chicken.

He put some of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish, arranged bone-in chicken breasts and thighs on top of the sauce, and sprinkled them with salt & pepper. He drained cans of sliced black olives and sliced mushrooms, and sprinkled them on the chicken. Then he poured the rest of the jar of Prego over the top, put the lid on the dish, and baked at 350 for 1 hour 30 minutes.

I wanted him to melt cheese on top, but he never did. And it really didn't need it...the chicken was so tender and delicious that it melted in the mouth!
You could have had any starch you wanted with it, but we had pasta.

It's nice that your husband is starting to get creative in the kitchen. :cool: This sounds good, and some days quick is definitely important!

:) Barbara

Glad you liked it, Pook...hope the rest of you do too!

I'm a cheese freak too. I'd like to try it with provelone and parmesan.

A lot have women have asked me that question! ;) Sorry, but no...it took me three tries to find the right one.
Kim's an exceptional man in many ways.

You know, C., we ought to take a survey because so MANY people we know have hit the jackpot with #3 (including my brother in law and I sure as heck would have steered clear of him) and I'm so happy for you and all of my friends and family. It sounds like you have a winner and a keeper. Have a great Valentine's!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom