Apricot chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
This is my own version, with no actual measurements. It's easy and tastes great.

Chicken breasts (however many you need)
sharp cheddar cheese, sliced ( I use cracker barrel)
apricot jam
butter pats

pound out your chicken breasts. Add two or three slices of cheddar to the center of the breast, fold into thirds. Place breasts into glass baking dish, spoon apricot jam on top, add a pat of butter on top of the breasts. Bake at 350 degrees for about half hour to 45 minutes. The glaze will get somewhat carmelized, and the cheese may ooze out a bit. I know some recipes for this say to heat the jam and butter in a pan then pour over the chicken, but it doesnt matter at all, and this way is alot easier if your rushed to make something fast but good. I usually serve white rice and a veggie with it.

Amber, this looks GREAT. I'm putting this into my recipe book as we speak. Can't wait to try it.

abjcooking said:
Amber, this looks GREAT. I'm putting this into my recipe book as we speak. Can't wait to try it.

I figured if you liked the glazed pork chops, you would like this chicken version. It's so simple to make, and really good. Hope you enjoy it.

Amber, I have a chicken breast thawing, and I have apricot-pineapple, but I guess that will work too. I will try it this evening, sounds really good.

norgeskog said:
Amber, I have a chicken breast thawing, and I have apricot-pineapple, but I guess that will work too. I will try it this evening, sounds really good.

Hope you like it :)

amber said:
norgeskog said:

Hope you like it :)

I did amber, thank again. I think I shall try the same on a pork chop.

Back
Top Bottom