Baked Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Most of us make our own stuffing but what to do when DH comes home with a box of stuffing mix? I took mine and gave it a whizz in the F/P, then I added 1/3c. grated parm,1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley,2 cloves grated garlic, and set it aside..I melted a cube of butter dunked my pieces of chicken in it then dipped my chicken pieces in the stuffing mix and put them on a buttered cookie sheet not touching and baked at 350 for 45 to 60 min depending on your oven.We have waited and had this at room temp and it's very good.
enjoy
kadesma:)

Very innovative!

Actually, I usually keep a bag of one of Pepperidge Farms stuffing mixes on hand. It makes a terrific impromptu "stovetop" stuffing, is great for adding to stuffing mixes for stuffed vegetables, & makes a nice "bed" for smoked poultry items that, since they're already cooked, you really just need to heat through.

Very innovative!

Actually, I usually keep a bag of one of Pepperidge Farms stuffing mixes on hand. It makes a terrific impromptu "stovetop" stuffing, is great for adding to stuffing mixes for stuffed vegetables, & makes a nice "bed" for smoked poultry items that, since they're already cooked, you really just need to heat through.
Thanks Breezy,
I keep some as well my DH loves it, i do add some extra bread to it to cut the salt a little. Since I've been watching my salt most of these things seem very salty to me..I love the pork one tho and use it for Sunday dinners with roast chicken
kadesma

I love what you did with it and can't wait to try it. But being married myself, maybe you should have asked him what he wanted you to do with the stuffing he bought?

I love what you did with it and can't wait to try it. But being married myself, maybe you should have asked him what he wanted you to do with the stuffing he bought?
My husband misunderstood getting stuffing mix instead of the bread I asked for..I don't have to answer to him about what I fix to eat.Instead of taking it back, I used it this way...He liked it and that was it.
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom