Baked Lemon Herbed Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I was in the mood for some baked chicken today so I ventured out to my herb garden and grabbed some rosemary and thyme and put together this.

Sizzlins.....BAKED LEMON HERBED CHICKEN​

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Leg Quarters, cleaned really good and patted dry with paper towels
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Large Whole Cloves of Garlic, peeled but left whole
Kosher Salt
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
Fresh Lemon Juice......about 1/2 tsp.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil then on top of the foil put a cookie/cake cooling rack. This keeps the meat off the bottom of the pan and the chicken drippings settle at the bottom.
On low-medium heat add the EVOO to a saucepan then add the whole cloves of garlic. Heat for 2-3 minutes, careful to move the garlic around so that it doesn't burn. Remove garlic cloves. Brush chicken with infused garlic oil. Salt and pepper liberally. Sprinkle on a small amount of rosemary and thyme. Put chicken on cooling rake/cookie sheet. I then dip my fingertips into the lemon juice and flick it onto the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
NOTE: I like to serve this with Rosemary Red Potatoes. I make sure that when I'm doing my EVOO and Garlic Infusion I do enough for both and then seperate them in the end so that I don't contaminate the oil I need for the potatoes with the chicken juices. Same goes for the rosemary. This way your only doing these steps once.

Sizzlins......ROSEMARY RED POTOTOES​

10 small Red Potatoes, cleaned
1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Clove of Garlic, peeled and kept whole
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees:
On low-medium heat add the EVOO to a saucepan then add the whole cloves of garlic. Heat for 2-3 minutes, careful to move the garlic around so that it doesn't burn. Remove garlic cloves.
In a mixing bowl toss the potatoes with the ingredients and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until fork tender. I usually start checking them at 30 minutes and then adjust cooking time.
TIP: If some of the potatoes are larger than the others then cut in half. You want them to be pretty close in size to cook evenly.
I also like to dip these in sour cream (with fresh chopped chives) when eating them.

Last edited:
Thanks for this recipe!! I can already picture the aromas coming from the oven on a brisk autumn evening.

I do something similar flavor-wise when I roast a whole chicken on the indoor rotisserie. I stuff the bird with a halved lemon, several whole garlic cloves, & handfuls of fresh thyme &/or rosemary. After about an hour or so (depending on the size of the chicken), it's crisp-skinned & meltingly juicy inside, with all those great Mediterranean flavors permeating every bite.

BreezyCooking said:
Thanks for this recipe!! I can already picture the aromas coming from the oven on a brisk autumn evening.

I do something similar flavor-wise when I roast a whole chicken on the indoor rotisserie. I stuff the bird with a halved lemon, several whole garlic cloves, & handfuls of fresh thyme &/or rosemary. After about an hour or so (depending on the size of the chicken), it's crisp-skinned & meltingly juicy inside, with all those great Mediterranean flavors permeating every bite.

Your welcome pds and breezy.

Breezy......I do the same thing but do it in my oven. I have on of those contraptions that you shove into the chicken cavity and it keeps the chicken upright. I line a baking pan with Alum foil for easy clean up. Using that contraption gets all the sides nice and crispy.

This looks delish! I'll have to try it sometime (when I've got the moolah for the ingredients!:rolleyes: ).

Sizz, I just took some chicken out of the fridge and will be making this tonight.

I think Paulie will really enjoy it. Thanks.

I"m sure we will... but I have a question... It's called LEMON herbed chicken... where is the lemon in the recipe?

I know me too. lol.

Well... I'll... add lots of lemon juice to the brine that the chicken
is soaking in. Unless I hear from Sizz soon.

pdswife said:
I know me too. lol.

Well... I'll... add lots of lemon juice to the brine that the chicken
is soaking in. Unless I hear from Sizz soon.

LOL.............I didn't even notice either ..... now I need to go adjust a few post.....LOL.

What I did was squeezed some fresh lemon juice and dipped the tips of my fingers in it and flicked it onto the chicken.

Recipe correction......I forgot to list the lemon juice.

LOL.....pdswife noticed no lemon was mentioned in the recipe....I spaced it out. Anyway, the recipe is corrected now.

Thanks for noticing it pds and letting me know

Back
Top Bottom