"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
Cook

Thank you. These are really great ideas & I am going to file them for next time! I havn't cooked with soups before, but am really interested to hear how you do it. Also, what are the buffalo chicken breasts? & that mango chicken sounds really great. Chicken is so versatile though sometimes my imagination seems to go to sleep. Thanks again!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
Executive Chef

"Buffalo" chicken is typically chicken wings, deep-fried without any breading, and tossed in a sauce made of Frank's Hot Sauce (brand-name) and melted whole butter. Served with bleu cheese dressing for dipping and celery sticks.

You can do the same thing with boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. I would recommend breading it before frying. I seriously doubt you'll be able to find Frank's Hot Sauce in France.

I think the "soups" that someone else mentioned are Campbell's Cream of Mushroom or Cambell's Cream of Chicken. You can make a similar product by infusing bechamel sauce with mushrooms, or a rich chicken stock with a little bit of finely minced chicken. These products are a convience product over here, and I'm not sure if they are available in France.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Cook

AllenOK, this sounds really fab. The sauce, is it a tomato based one & I'll try and find something similar though i can also ask friends to have a look next time they visit the PX. Many thanks!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
... Also, what are the buffalo chicken breasts?.
Here's the Buffalo wing-style stuffed chicken breasts:

A Nice Twist to Buffalo Chicken Wings

Scroll down a bit to see the recipe. Have another. When I have a chance will post.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
Executive Chef

"Frank's Hot Sauce" is a spicy condiment, similar to Tabasco. I don't have a bottle here, or I'd check the ingredients, but as far as I know, it's basically a spicy chile pepper, fermented, then blended with vinegar and salt until it's all emulsified. I'm not sure if there's any tomato in it at all.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #16
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
"Frank's Hot Sauce" is a spicy condiment, similar to Tabasco. ... it's basically a spicy chile pepper, fermented, then blended with vinegar and salt until it's all emulsified. I'm not sure if there's any tomato in it at all.
That is basically it. There is no tomato in "Frank's Hot Sauce"

Tags
None