Bourbon Chicken...easy and flavorful!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Bourbon Chicken
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 lb chicken thigh meat cut into large bite size chunks
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp powdered ginger
2 tbs dried minced onion
1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon whiskey
2 tbs white wine
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate stirring often for several hours (best overnight). Bake chicken at 350 for one hour in a single layer basting every 10 mins. Remove chicken Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a frying pan. Heat and add 2 tbs wine. Stir and add chicken cook for 1 min and serve.
I serve them on mini skewers for an appetizer, plate is clean is seconds!!
[/FONT]

Hope you like, its always been one of my favorites! I was surprised on how close it tasted to one I had tried at a Cajun Stand that I loved.

Bourbon Chicken makes me laugh.

My sis and I meet for lunch at a Chinese buffet, one with hand lettered signs above every dish. I searched in vain for a recipe for "boru-boru chicken" :ermm:, not finding it until I ate "bourbon chicken" :cool: at another restaurant.

It is yummy. I use lots of fresh garlic and sometimes add some chili paste for heat. Or I sub real maple syrup for the brown sugar.

Back
Top Bottom